Decade

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by willuk2009, Tuesday 22nd Dec, 2009.

1. willuk2009 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

another one gone so nearly soon 2000 - 2009,

what's your highlight ? and news that shook you in this decade?

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 22nd Dec, 2009
  2. izard-industries Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

My highlight has been passing my driving test!

And shocker has to be 9/11 :Frown:

3. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

x2

Plus the London bombings, One of the bus's that had a bomb was in the same road I was in the day before on a school trip!

Also a black dude becoming US President.

Was rather a big decade!

4. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

A ton of things have happened during this decade, lots of things globally and lots personally for me.

I made a ton of good friends. I went to Uni. I grew up and stopped being so immature. My Dad died, and so did my dog.

5. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well I was only 11 in 2000, so pretty much my whole adolesent life has occured since then haha.

6. Sam. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I finished school, Passed my driving test.

Made some good friends, lost some people but overall more ups than down.

7. HONDAndy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im looking forward to the new year, 2010 just sounds cool.

8. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's been a decade since the millenium? Really has gone quick! Finished school, college and uni. Apart from that I've achieved bugger all.

Just realised that means I started learning guitar like 10 years ago, I really should be fucking awesome by now :Frown:

Shocking news? 9/11 ET al. I don't remember much before this year tbh, college and uni saw to that :Tongue:

9. fizzle Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

left primary school, secondary, sixth form, and started uni! wooah

10. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    yup x2 lol

passin drivin test was rude, steve irwin dying was pretty mad. 9.11 sucked balls, a mate of mine getting killed one night on his way home from a night out sucked fucking dick too :Frown: .

but, i've grown up a bit.

finally getting to meet and make relationships with my american familys been one of my fav bits. also being able to go to the pub with my grandads great too.

being in america when obama campaign and when he was sworn in was crazy too!

one Fav moment : Seeing England V Greece Game @ Old Trafford being directly in line with beck's as he put us through to the world cup AH MAN Hero for life.

God know's theres been epic amounts of shit going on, but it has been 10 years lol.

just lookin forward to making 2010 a year i can look back on and go, yeah that kicked assss. as 09, hasnt been one i can do that for.

11. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

good things, i got a fucking good job by knowing my next door neighbour, i bought i house. moved in with the missus, got 2 dogs(i hate kids).

obama, getting president and making 2pacs changes song redundant.

i'll get flamed for this, but england won the ashes twice, woohoo.

bad things, colin mcrae dying, all that terrorist bullshit, iraq, afgan. honda stoped making good cars. blah blah blah

there has been alot of shit in the last ten years, hard2 remember it all,

12. Rory C Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ill agree, theres been way too much stuff going on to remember them all but

Good things: passing my test, rally driving for abit, learning loads of things, getting a vti, getting laid. the list goes on......

Bad things: loosing the only person i have ever truely loved (other than family), loosing a mate and watching his killer get 2 and half years for it :Angry:

loosing family members, getting 9 points, getting into a shit career. the list goes on.

On the bright side i am still here, most of my family are still close to me and my mates arent far behind them so ROLL ON 2010!!!

13. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

x2 and 7/7 obv