Damn Central locking

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by Afy, Tuesday 8th Dec, 2009.

1. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have another ssue with the EG again.

Its a LSI, with central locking - the issue is, the doors open with central lockking but when you lock the driver side door the passenger door doesnt lock! ANy ideas on what it could be guys.

2. Dan2020civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Most likely the green box behind the doorcard on the drivers side, these tend to fail. I have a couple available. PM if of interest.

3. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had this problem, but only when I unlocked the car. Exercising the lock more fixed the problem for me - do you use your car frequently?

4. A54M Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

it happens to my car aswell..at first i didnt even realise i had central locking until i stripped the door and saw the green box. and i still don't know how i am supposed to fix it some help us stranded ppl...lol

5. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The passenger side door locks fine from inside and opens fine with central locking using the drives side door, its just doesnt lock with central locking when using the driver side door.... I'll give exersize a try lol

6. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If I try and lock the car from the passenger side, it will only lock that door and not both. If I lock from the driver's side - both doors lock. Is this happening to you to?

7. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if i unlock from driver side, both doors open. If i lock from drivers side only drivers side locks.