Engine & Gearbox D16Z6 Intake Manfold >>> D14 engine

Discussion in 'Honda D-Series' started by onejdmcivic1984, Thursday 24th Dec, 2009.

1. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

D16Z6 Intake Manfold >>> D14 engine

Someone is selling a D16Z6 Intake Manifold and was wondering if this is a good upgrade as im looking for a slight upgrade and also to open more avenues in the induction choices. I've seen that Dodo website lol and was wondering if its too much work (as in gathering the parts) or is it worth just putting that money towards a B18/B20? Bear in mind the B18/20 wnt come into fruition until next year and problems this time next year (not Xmas Eve but you know what I mean lol)

2. Boggs Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I've done it cost around 50 in total not including a air filter.. Although i can't drive yet so as for the much difference it made i don't know lol

3. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Air Filter? U mean the OEM airbox? What bits do you need dude?

4. Boggs Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yea because you can't use your D14 airbox and I used the d16z6 throttle body rotar, fuel rail, throttle body cable and a few coolent pipes. You re-use your D14 throttle body and injectors and make sure you have a new throttle body gasket and intake manifold gasket.

5. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ahhh gotcha - where did u get the parts from? Or did you go to scrappies?

6. Boggs Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I got the full inlet manifold from here but i got all the pipes etc from the scrappies :Smile:

7. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

What coolant pipes did u get and where from? sound like generic parts

8. Boggs Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Umm it was a while ago i just looked at d16z6's at the scrap yard and took what pipes i seen i needed

9. andyy_ek Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I've done it , meh its a wee bit of a fuck about with pipes and that , i seen a wee bit of diff , up revs, but as I've realised honestly save for a b or a k series :Smile:

10. joeleoek3 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

its only like

11. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I wouldn't be able to do it myself. I need a bloke at a garage to do it for me so probably be about

12. low13 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

just give it a crack pal,ploan it out set aside a few hours worse comes to worse you have to install your old set up back and wiat to get someone to fit it for you but if you give it a shot yourself you'll most likely get it done.don't be afraid of getting your hands dirty.

13. phizaL Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

im thinkin of doing this too.. what are the 'must' haves to do this? the inlet manifold itself and' ...

14. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

philzaL look in previous page of this thread lol

I would do it but I dnt have the tools to do it lol and apparently its a 2 man job?

15. 1cal Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

2 man job??? its bloody easy to do.

get some self satisfaction of doing it yourself.

you won't learn anythin just throwing cash about.

16. low13 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

you won't learn anythin just throwing cash about.

17. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Well im giving it a miss anyways and looking into getting a spoiler instead :Wink:

18. gumbar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol iv been told that it makes quite a large differance, howeever its an engine built for econemy, don't expect it to make the world spin faster benief the tyres as you accelerate, im not being a cock, just don't want you to be let down . .