Engine & Gearbox d16z6 inlet manifold on my d14 throttle cable question

Discussion in 'Honda D-Series' started by coxxy, Saturday 21st Nov, 2009.

1. coxxy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just a quick one, obviously with the d14 mani the throttle cable raps round the engine then connects to the top fed throttle body.

But the d16 mani is side fed, doesn't this pose a problem when connecting the throttle cable again? Anybody done it and got a picture of it all connected? Thanks.

2. Boggs Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I used a d16 throttle body cable when i changed mines I think you can use your original d14 one but you have to cut/modify it. In my opinion just get a d16 one :Smile:

3. coxxy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

do you know of a pictorial how to on changing the manifold, the plugs and stuff is what im after... the sensor connections look different.

4. Boggs Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Theres this one isnt really a great tutorial tbh but it should help

http://www.dodo-upgrades.nl/

As for the plugs you will need to split some of them for them to reach and you will have to change a couple of coolent pipes to reach also

5. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As long as it's mounted properly it doesn't really matter what throttle cable you use. I'm pretty sure I've used my same D14 throttle cable for my D14, D16, B16 and B18. Just use the right mount for it (on the intake manifold) and have it adjusted properly.

It doesn't matter how it's routed in the engine bay, as long as the end where it attaches to the throttle body is tight.

6. coxxy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

think im gonna take it to my mate in honda as it'd be easier for them to just fit it i don't have ramps so gettin to the sodding bolts under the manifold is gonna be a pig!

7. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've changed my intake manifold without a ramp before. It just takes a while, but it's possible. It was a stock D16 intake manifold being changed to an Edelbrock Victor X intake manifold.

8. coxxy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

effort

9. kipper Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yehh.. I have to agree, Me and Boggs didn't have a ramp and we got it completed on his facelift :Smile: .

I really want someone to do a proper how with this :| . lol