Engine & Gearbox D16 power

Discussion in 'Honda D-Series' started by jdm-eg5, Thursday 5th Nov, 2009.

1. jdm-eg5 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

wanting to get more power out of my D16z6(so no engine replacements for a while), just spent loads of money getting it back to factory condition, valve stems seals replaced, valve stem sleeves replaced, all stems an pistons cleaned of deposits, head skimmed over, cam belt replaced, timing sorted, new plugs an leads. got long arm induction kit.

want more power, would like to get to 150bhp to start with(without turboing for now), i know i need exhaust an manifold.

please point me in direction for my need to go faster.

what cams, flywheel, gearbox, chips etc etc.

2. toyolish Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

wow, if you want that power you will be spending at bit of money

i done this conversion in my EK and i got a 4-2-1 manifold, decatted full exhaust system, j's racign carbon fibre induction kit, b16 throttle body and a bigger set of leads and i got 136.6bhp, but my car was on form big time lol

to get to the 150bhp mark you will need to do the cams and that and that costd in excess of

3. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

This question was asked not long ago mate, read up on this, http://www.civiclife.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49715, some info is good, some is just shite, if you want decent brake then turbo is the way but if your funds are tight like mine are then decent exhaust from starting from a 4 branch, decent filter and a chipped ECU should make ya happy, also a decent inlet manifold.

4. HONDAndy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

exhaust and header. light weight fly wheel and maybe lose some weight.. then start thinking about working on the engine. prob what i would do.

5. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think you can get a cam for the D16

http://www.skunk2.com/engine-2.php?code=CSTD

Other manufacturers make a cam as well. I've heard of people making fairly decent n/a power in D-series engines.

6. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

7. jdm-eg5 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

cheers guys, just need money now lol

8. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't D16A pistons boost compression D-series engines. I know one OEM piston does

9. _JT Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Decat/high flow cat is probably one of the best mods you can do.

10. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

^^ i 2nd that

11. jdm-eg5 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

didnt know i could get a hi flow cat for this, will have to look out for one coz i don't want to decat.