Pre-Facelift Model CU2 Brakes on CL9

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by CL9K24, Tuesday 9th Jul, 2019.

1. CL9K24 New Member Getting Started

Hi Guys,

I have read through all the brake upgrade threads on the forum and have settled on CU2 brakes as I am struggling to find ATR calipers and carriers.
    My only question is will the CU2 calipers have any clearance issues behind standard 17 " Pentas on the CL9?

One thing to note is the Pentas I have are from the Civic (spaceship shape) and have an offset of +45 not +55 like the standard CL9 Pentas.

I also saw a photo posted by someone on another forum of CU2 setup with 17"s and it looked like a very tight fit. My worry is wheel weightsmight come into contact with the caliper.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

MattBeardless likes this.
  2. MattBeardless Service Team H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Matt Derby
    Also known as the FN, that's probably the best way I've heard them described.

3. hondacl9 Premium Member Club Supporter

This is the only reason I will consider upgrading to 18" wheels (apart from making the wheel arch gap smaller...:Rolf:)

If the CU2 calipers could fit into the standard 17"...anyway, anyone has a picture with this setup?

4. Mr Honda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Dublin
    There's a picture from another forum with DC5 rims over the larger calipers and discs. I think the Penta wheels will struggle to clear the calipers though :Unknown:

62389948_298627304376198_7009019712845308846_n.?_nc_ht=instagram.fbne3-1.fna.fbcdn.

MattBeardless likes this.
  5. hondacl9 Premium Member Club Supporter

Are these DC5 alloys same as the CL9 ones?
    They look similar to me.

6. CL9K24 New Member Getting Started

I think they might be but hopefully someone can confirm fitment in relation to Pentas with a +45 offset

7. hondacl9 Premium Member Club Supporter

By the way, is it just the CU2 / CW2 (2.4 petrol) front calipers only?

Is CU3 / CW3 (2.2 diesel) ones the same? Not a lot of 2.4 petrol breaking.

Are these calipers by Nissin as well? I am unable to get more info from Google.

8. Mr Honda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Dublin
    No, they're not the same, the DC5 rims are curved which probabaly allows some extra clearance on the calipers. I still don't remember ever seeing Penta's with a different offset. Honda only had one part number for them IIRC.

Actually the more I look at that image I think they might just be refurbed CL7 Type-S rims.... DC5 rims are below.

AETV62241828_16.