Pre-Facelift Model CU2 Brakes on CL9

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by CL9K24, Tuesday 9th Jul, 2019.

1. CL9K24 New Member Getting Started

Hi Guys,

I have read through all the brake upgrade threads on the forum and have settled on CU2 brakes as I am struggling to find ATR calipers and carriers.
    My only question is will the CU2 calipers have any clearance issues behind standard 17 " Pentas on the CL9?

One thing to note is the Pentas I have are from the Civic (spaceship shape) and have an offset of +45 not +55 like the standard CL9 Pentas.

I also saw a photo posted by someone on another forum of CU2 setup with 17"s and it looked like a very tight fit. My worry is wheel weightsmight come into contact with the caliper.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt at H-Tune likes this.
  2. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

Also known as the FN, that's probably the best way I've heard them described.

3. hondacl9 Premium Member Club Supporter

This is the only reason I will consider upgrading to 18" wheels (apart from making the wheel arch gap smaller...:Rolf:)

If the CU2 calipers could fit into the standard 17"...anyway, anyone has a picture with this setup?

4. Mr Honda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Dublin
    There's a picture from another forum with DC5 rims over the larger calipers and discs. I think the Penta wheels will struggle to clear the calipers though :Unknown:

62389948_298627304376198_7009019712845308846_n.?_nc_ht=instagram.fbne3-1.fna.fbcdn.

Matt at H-Tune likes this.
  5. hondacl9 Premium Member Club Supporter

Are these DC5 alloys same as the CL9 ones?
    They look similar to me.

6. CL9K24 New Member Getting Started

I think they might be but hopefully someone can confirm fitment in relation to Pentas with a +45 offset

7. hondacl9 Premium Member Club Supporter

By the way, is it just the CU2 / CW2 (2.4 petrol) front calipers only?

Is CU3 / CW3 (2.2 diesel) ones the same? Not a lot of 2.4 petrol breaking.

Are these calipers by Nissin as well? I am unable to get more info from Google.

8. Mr Honda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Dublin
    No, they're not the same, the DC5 rims are curved which probabaly allows some extra clearance on the calipers. I still don't remember ever seeing Penta's with a different offset. Honda only had one part number for them IIRC.

Actually the more I look at that image I think they might just be refurbed CL7 Type-S rims.... DC5 rims are below.

AETV62241828_16.