Finished Crystal Palace Hillclimb/Sprint 24th-25th may 2015 )

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by HondaHeritage, Wednesday 4th Feb, 2015.

1. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff slim I was hammered on my surprise birthday bash so there was no chance of coming.

2. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    BTW seen the pictures on Facebook

3. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    MickyB likes this.
  4. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looked a great weekend glad you did so well Slim.:Hooray::clap::clap::clap:

5. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    fhank you micky

the honda stand and owners have been a great support with the idea of supporting enthusiasts racing their hondas in this case ray with his 78 Civic
    this event is open to all to have a go ..yes this does come at a cost but what is the point of owning a sports model car tuning and tricking it up if youve not got the ball to have a go on a track????? to me thats just a penis extention
    there was an incredibly fast Type-R Civic racing and a quick Integra great to watch
    im really pleased to see roger is stepping up to the mark and having a go at brandshatch in july
    its great to see these cars in action on the track instead of being all nice and polished sitting in some ones driveway or static display in a field.....yawn

due to events organising over the years and working on other peoples cars again i didnt have a honda of my own finished for this event AGAIN this is soon to change with my run around project to reaume in the next week or two
    making room for my sprint /trackday 1st Generation Civic for next year:jumpy:

what does it take to get people motivated and off their asses in this day and age???
    i have other events coming up but it seems a waste of time posting them here and i find it rather sad that you have to turn to facebook to get your jollies to me its a place of lost souls
    any way i think you all know by now im a grumpy old dinosaur so please don't take offence , but hey im a high reving octane breathing raptorsauraus living in the fast lane

slim

SpeedyGee and MickyB like this.
  6. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    LOL ^^

7. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well I'll admit I don't want to put my motor on a track and I'm happy to have it clean and polished and sitting on my drive but I also like to get out and about to various racing events as I'm an ageing petrol head.
    As for getting people off their backsides I've been trying for almost 10 years to get people off them and as normally happens is the numbers are high to start then as the event gets nearer you are the only one who is attending. I don't use Facebook and was a bit shocked as I was trying to generate interest here for Japfest 2 only to find that it had been taken up on Facebook. Yes I think social media is taking over the world and us Dinosaurs will just have to keep writing letters to everyone....

HondaHeritage likes this.
  8. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hi cj :Grin:
    sorry lame excuse celibrating the fact your getting older?? no wonder you got hammered :eek:

dino

9. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Tough Shit aint it

HondaHeritage likes this.
  10. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hi micky

no such thing as an aging petrol head just a wiser one:Grin:
    I've sussed the way to get people of their back sides just don't post anything on the interweb!!!! just imagine the panic it woukd create people would have to think for themselves instead of sitting on their couches with their chip butties and a 6 packs of larger and chatting shit about things in reality they,ll never move off the couch and do:Smile:

hey micky let start up a hondasaurs post :jumpy:

MickyB likes this.
  11. 1974Civic Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fair dues to Slim, He works hard at organising the events and always puts on a good show. I should know as I've attended many of them, but I equally enjoy competitively driving my penis extension as much as I like parking it in a field and giving it a good shining up. Seeing peoples face light up with joy as I display it after giving it a good towelling brings a tear to my eye. Why Facebook? . One good thing about Facebook is if you don't like what you see one click and there gone. Its like being your own moderator but the absolute main reason I like it is because it has allowed me to connect with 100's of vintage Honda people who perhaps do not speak English as there first language and are tired of car forums or feel uncomfortable posting on them. You know those S800 factory pictures I sent you Slim old son they came from a Japanese guy whose on Facebook. Its just another way to connect with like minded people nothing more, nothing less. Bumholes and opinions.....everyone's got one I guess

12. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    thought i might rattle someones cage :Grin: just my opinion and the way i see it
    i personally have manage to do very well all my life comunicating with people without the use of interweb.i only join forums to extended a welcome to people to join in some of the events I've done for decades
    forums and facebook generally attract a lot of chat, hot air and is a place to polish up their ego,s and actually do very little in the way of activities sorry again my opinion
    its amazing how many people find it difficult to pick up a phone and have a conversation but hide behind emails and texts
    overseas contacts are a pleasant distraction but certainly not a priority in my life as there is enough going on in my own country to fulfill the needs in my life
    im only excercising my rights to be a grumpy old dinosaur :Grin:

MickyB likes this.
  13. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good idea but we'd better ask CJ if he wants to join us seeing as he's getting on in years:wheelchair:.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Well once I get my personal problems in my life sorted I will be pushing for a meeting with king Hondasaur I have said I will make one of your meets and I will.

14. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    MickyB and Ichiban like this.
  15. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

16. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    okay hawk eye :Grin:
    thats my 1980 ex650 charging the battery on the elva ,it puurred like a kitten all weekend

MickyB likes this.
  17. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hawkeyed hondasaurous:Grin::Grin::Grin:

18. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london