General CR-V Hybrid

Discussion in '5th Generation (2017-)' started by CVOurs, Monday 11th Mar, 2019.

1. CVOurs New Member Getting Started

England Dorset
    Just had delivery of a CR-V Hybrid SR AWD. Only covered about 25 miles, but so far very pleased with how it drives. It is my first Honda (previously had a VW Tiguan) so I'll have to get used to the Honda way of doing things. I also wanted an automatic this time so the Hybrid gives me that. I have a BMW Series 2 Covertible (automatic) too, for sunny days:Smile:, and it interesting to compare the electric motor powered Honda with the BMW - the Honda transmission is smoother but the Honda engine is slightly noisier when accelerating at times. I've found that the CR-V doesn't come with a Navigation Manual but I've downloaded one from the Honda website so that is fine. I am hoping that the CR-V will be a bit more economical than the petrol Tiguan even though the latter was only 2-WD. I think the CR-V cabin quality is on a par with both VW and BMW.

2. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    I'm jealous! They sound like great cars. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Keep us updated on how you get on with it.

Keith

3. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Congrats!

Would love to see and hear more about it :Thumbup:

155695 likes this.
  4. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Hello @CVOurs welcome to Club H-Tune and congrats on your purchase.
    it's customary for new members to introduce themselves via "Introduce Yourself".

Also please add your car to the Club Garage.

5. niktheguru New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Nik London
    Hey guys!

I also now own a Honda CR-V Hybrid EX in cosmic blue. I've had mine for about 6 weeks now. (had it on order since October)
    Its a great car, solid, drives well and has great features. Happy to answer any questions that anyone has about it.
    Current mileage we're getting is about 40mph, but we've only driven in about 700miles so far. It certainly beats our previous 2009 Honda accord which was getting closer to 25mph!
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh, the one thing i would say,

I ordered my car with the silver trim inserts inside rather than the standard wood inserts (at no extra cost) and I must say personally it looks far nicer than the fake wood!

6. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Assume your reference to "mph" should be "MPG".
    Keep us up to date on how you get on with it.

Keith

7. niktheguru New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Nik London
    yes absolutely, MPG!! whoops! :Smile:

8. cat-guy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cat-guy United Kingdom
    While everybody is talking about the MPG can anybody explain what the Urban, Extra urban and combined MPG figures are for the CR-V hybrid, because for the life of me I cannot understand the figures quoted in the Honda brochure…… Thanks for any help in advance.

9. CVOurs New Member Getting Started

England Dorset
    I'm afraid I can't convert the brochure figures but on my first couple of trips the hybrid did 42mpg on a mainly motorway trip of about 130 miles and then 52mpg on a more an 'easy driving' mixed road trip, again of about 130 miles. I am very happy with that. The figures are from the car computer - haven't been able to check the brim to brim figures yet. I did check the speedo mph against a standalone sat-nav though the speedo is within 1mph.

cat-guy likes this.