General CR-V Hybrid

Discussion in '5th Generation (2017-)' started by CVOurs, Monday 11th Mar, 2019.

1. CVOurs Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Dorset
    Just had delivery of a CR-V Hybrid SR AWD. Only covered about 25 miles, but so far very pleased with how it drives. It is my first Honda (previously had a VW Tiguan) so I'll have to get used to the Honda way of doing things. I also wanted an automatic this time so the Hybrid gives me that. I have a BMW Series 2 Covertible (automatic) too, for sunny days:Smile:, and it interesting to compare the electric motor powered Honda with the BMW - the Honda transmission is smoother but the Honda engine is slightly noisier when accelerating at times. I've found that the CR-V doesn't come with a Navigation Manual but I've downloaded one from the Honda website so that is fine. I am hoping that the CR-V will be a bit more economical than the petrol Tiguan even though the latter was only 2-WD. I think the CR-V cabin quality is on a par with both VW and BMW.

2. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    I'm jealous! They sound like great cars. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Keep us updated on how you get on with it.

Keith

3. SpeedyGee The Invincible Admin H-Tune Community

England Speedy Birmingham
    Congrats!

Would love to see and hear more about it :Thumbup:

155695 likes this.
  4. DrSam Evangelist H-Tune Community

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Hello @CVOurs welcome to Club H-Tune and congrats on your purchase.
    it's customary for new members to introduce themselves via "Introduce Yourself".

Also please add your car to the Club Garage.

5. niktheguru New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Nik London
    Hey guys!

I also now own a Honda CR-V Hybrid EX in cosmic blue. I've had mine for about 6 weeks now. (had it on order since October)
    Its a great car, solid, drives well and has great features. Happy to answer any questions that anyone has about it.
    Current mileage we're getting is about 40mph, but we've only driven in about 700miles so far. It certainly beats our previous 2009 Honda accord which was getting closer to 25mph!
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh, the one thing i would say,

I ordered my car with the silver trim inserts inside rather than the standard wood inserts (at no extra cost) and I must say personally it looks far nicer than the fake wood!

6. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Assume your reference to "mph" should be "MPG".
    Keep us up to date on how you get on with it.

Keith

7. niktheguru New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Nik London
    yes absolutely, MPG!! whoops! :Smile:

8. cat-guy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cat-guy United Kingdom
    While everybody is talking about the MPG can anybody explain what the Urban, Extra urban and combined MPG figures are for the CR-V hybrid, because for the life of me I cannot understand the figures quoted in the Honda brochure…… Thanks for any help in advance.

9. CVOurs Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Dorset
    I'm afraid I can't convert the brochure figures but on my first couple of trips the hybrid did 42mpg on a mainly motorway trip of about 130 miles and then 52mpg on a more an 'easy driving' mixed road trip, again of about 130 miles. I am very happy with that. The figures are from the car computer - haven't been able to check the brim to brim figures yet. I did check the speedo mph against a standalone sat-nav though the speedo is within 1mph.

cat-guy likes this.
  10. Heckler Evangelist H-Tune Community

Do they list them in lt/100km (litres per 100Km driven)... In which case dived the litre figure by 4.5 (4.5lt to a gallon) and then 100km is roughly 62 miles... So divide 62 by whatever figure you get in gallons.

Or... if you just want to know what the urban/extra urban means... Urban is all town driving, extra urban is motorway driving (at roughly 56mph) and combined is 50/50 of both.

Also... you can pretty much ignore what the dash computer tells... they're never really 100% accurate and can vary by 10-20% based on my experience across multiple cars/makes/models with them.

Then only way to do it right, is fill the tank until it clicks... pause and wait for the tank to settle as the cut off happens due to pressure in the filling pipe. Then fill a little more until it clocks off a second time.

Do your driving and then refill at the same place... divide litres by 4.5 and work out from miles done... I prefer to do it old school... You can get apps you can punch in your miles and litres... But I don;t trust any of them as they want permissions to data on your device they do not need to operate the app... So they're never get installed, my data/privacy is not for sale to some sketchy app that wants to access my phone/sms/media/location whenever they want to.

11. cat-guy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cat-guy United Kingdom
    Thanks for all the replies and for those interested in the fuel economy in old money >>>
    Urban 55.4
    Extra Urban 49.6
    Combined 51.4
    Above information taken from Honda publication

12. CVOurs Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Dorset
    Have had the CR-V Hybrid for just over a month now and today brimmed the fuel tank (to second pump cut-off), the result was just over 41mpg over 727 miles. I think that is pretty good for an AWD automatic car of it's size. As a comparison my old petrol 2WD VW Tiguan 1.4TSI returned 36mpg overall over 4 years and just over 20k miles.

13. CVOurs Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Dorset
  14. stevec New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom steve Sunderland
    The hybrid CR-V is my next car of choice. I have been more than pleased with my current CR-V (2l petrol manual) . I need a automatic and the path Honda have chosen on the CR-V transmission seems a good choice. Having test drove the RAV4 hybrid (not the current model) I was pleased with its performance but disappointed with the cabin layout and quality.
    So its a hybrid CR-V for me, I would have hoped for mid 40's MPG around town. For the above comments it seems I am optimistic. My petrol CR-V get around 32 in town and 40 on a decent run.
    I have owned every model of RAV4 , but was really disappointed with my RAV excel 2.2D. The CR-V that replaced it was an improvement all round. The 5 year free servicing was a big plus point.

15. kevin hutchinson New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Kevin Wakefield
    Hello, I've had my CR-V Hybrid EX for a couple of months now and I'm very pleased with it.
    In mixed motoring it has averaged about 50 MPG according to the display, so probably slightly less in real world figures, I'm happy with that for a big comfortable car.
    My previous cars have been Toyota, the last one a Prius, very good MPG and reliability, but I wanted something bigger this time, I looked at the Rav4 but I was not taken with the look of it.
    I have no experience of Honda dealers, I just hope they are as good as the Toyota ones, I will let you know when I've had the car a little longer.

MattBeardless likes this.
  16. CVOurs Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Dorset
    Just taken the CR-V on a mini tour of Europe, going as far as Austria and back. No problems, the car cruised along just fine with four people and luggage. I kept to the speed limits, even on the unrestricted part of the German autobahn which still has a recommended limit of 130kph, so around 80mph. We travelled 2126 miles and used 223 litres of petrol (some E10 and some ordinary 85) and the resulting consumption was just over 43mpg which I think is very good - much better than my old Tiguan would achieve. The hybrid system coped well with the high mountain passes in Austria - the batteries got a good charge on the way down!
    The only thing to watch out for is to fold in the mirrors when boarding the Eurotunnel trains, it's pretty narrow where the toilets are - the parking sensors did go off to warn me.

155695 and MattBeardless like this.