General CR-V 2017 5th Generation diagonal test

Discussion in '5th Generation (2017-)' started by PanayiotisPal, Friday 21st Apr, 2017.

1. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia

2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Handy for Tesco car park.

PanayiotisPal and andy83 like this.
  3. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    I will not try this with a 4th Generation. Honda is advertising rear AWD torque increase of 57% compared to 4th Generation CR-V AWD torque. Probably rear torque capability of 5th Generation is 63% in total. The questions is how long can it sustain this peak torque without overheating.

The compact and efficient Real Time AWD provides a high degree of 4-wheel-drive sophistication in rain, snow, dirt roads and dry pavement. (I think this is manually selected).

Last edited: Saturday 22nd Apr, 2017
  4. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    My calculation for 63% rear torque, was based on 40% 4th generation torque. and an increase in 57% rear torque for 5th generation. It seems that there is a revised differential motor pump which produces more pressure.
    2017 Part no:41013-5TG-305
    2016 part no.48900-R7L-043
    Honda background info:
    For 2017, the maximum hydraulic pressure has been increased, resulting in a 57 percent increase in the available torque transfer to the rear axle.

The 2017 CR-V is offered with the updated Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™. Software and hardware upgrades result in an increase in engine torque (up to a total of 40-percent) that can be sent to the rear wheels, based on the driving conditions. The result is improved performance in low traction conditions when AWD comes into play.
    2017 Honda CR-V - Powertrain - Honda.com

Last edited: Saturday 22nd Apr, 2017
  5. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

Such a complicated solution to an old problem. Just add more suspension travel and keep all 4 wheels on the floor. :Laughing::Wink::Devil: IMG_20170121_135203. IMG_20170121_135130.

PanayiotisPal likes this.
  6. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    57 % increase in hydraulic pressure due to a revised rear differential pump is a well worth upgrade irrespective of the ground clearance.

Planning to add another 2cm rear strut spacer to make the wheel arches look the same.

1066Boy likes this.
  7. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    The CR-V in the video only appeared to have a driver on board. I wonder how it would have coped with if fully loaded, probably burned something out.