Cost to replace windscreen wash jets!

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2001-2008)' started by wr_uk, Wednesday 21st Nov, 2018.

1. wr_uk New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom wayne Doncaster
    Took my car into a honda dealer for a service yesterday. Had a few things that needed to be replaced... tyres... oil etc.
    I was told that the front left and rear windscreen wash jet need replacing. I was quotes a price of £145 inc labour. I was really surprised the cost was so high.
    They said they would order the parts in for Friday. But if its a fairly easy fix I was thinking of changing them myself. That is if they actually need to be replaced.

Does anybody have any experience repairing or replacing these who could advise me?

Thanks

Wayne

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    What year Jazz do you have Wayne?

It's customary for new members to drop by the Introduce Yourself section and create a post about yourself and your car.

Changing the jets should be pretty straightforward. The rears maybe tricker.

3. wr_uk New Member Getting Started

Hi, the honda Jazz is 95 plate, can you recommened anywhere to buy the jets? £145 seem way excessive to me

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Jets should be pretty cheap to buy and easy to replace yourself.

Check with Holdcroft Honda, they are great for parts, tell them you are HK club member.

5. wr_uk New Member Getting Started

Thanks, don't suppose theres any videos kicking around demoing the rear replacement? can't find any

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Usually, with the washer jets, they have two "tabs" (front and back of them if I recall correctly) keeping them clipped in place. If you can pull the jet upwards and then try and get something fine to pull the tabs inwards you could get away with not dismantling anything.

If you can't do it his way then you need to gain access to the back of the jets, which for the rears may mean some dismantling.

wr_uk likes this.
  7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Maybe they need to flush all the tubing seeing as it'll probably be all gunked up???

wr_uk likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

That should be easy, disconnect from the jet, run pump, you should get water flowing, if not investigate further.

wr_uk likes this.
  9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not so easy when you have to be taking down the headlining....

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

True but doing it by the book, isn't the only way of doing a job either.

11. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is also true. However, as a dealer, they should be doing the job by the book. Otherwise you'll get some smart arse posting a video from a concealed camera all over the internet or something.

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

LOL, I never said the dealer shouldn't do it by the book. I merely mentioned that as a means of avoiding the high labour cost.

13. wr_uk New Member Getting Started

Is there a way to flush the tubes with out having to dismantle this part? just had a quick look at the Jazz and its very similar to this. I assume there no easy solution for the rear nozzle
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yup, thats exactly what Im looking to avoid here

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Are your front jets on the bonnet on the bonnet?

15. wr_uk New Member Getting Started

the front ones are on the plastic.

The rear is on the body work

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

The rear one you should be able to get to by pulling the grommet off.

17. wr_uk New Member Getting Started

Holdcroft Honda.... These are authorised dealers right? I wasnt aware they could sell just parts to the public

18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Yes they are Authorized Dealers.
    Why not?

There's a law called "Right to Repair" or something like that which stipulates that vehicle owners should be able to repair their own vehicle, should they wish to do so. So in the UK, all manufacturers must sell parts to the public.

19. wr_uk New Member Getting Started

just wasn't aware ... I guess its because I've never asked just for parts before. They don't advertise it as the probably want to maximise there profit as well. Is this the case for all Honda dealers then? if it is I could buy the parts from my local dealer

20. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Yes from all Honda dealers, they will have a parts counter.

Holdcroft give us discount and free delivery

wr_uk likes this.