Copying Music from Ipod to PC Software

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by V9DPW, Monday 14th Dec, 2009.

1. V9DPW Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can anyone recommend a free software that i can use to copy my music/videos etc from my ipod to my pc. my laptop died last week and i don't want to lose my music as I've got about 2500 songs

Dave

2. Zani Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm not aware of any software that can do this.

You should take out your hard drive, get one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/SATA-Adapter-Power-5-25-Drive/dp/B001A5SK56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260799005&sr=1-1

drag and drop the itunes folder!

3. V9DPW Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its a hard drive from a laptop. theres loads of software out there but most only offer free trials of copying 5 songs, and then paying for the full software. i am purchasing a wire to use for my laptop hard drive tho, just thought id try some software first to get my music

4. Zani Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My friend gave me his laptop after it died... he also bought a hdd/usb adapter ... i backed up his itunes for him the same day... he then returned the adapter and got a refund :Smile:

5. V9DPW Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

am i correct in saying that if i keep this wire that connects the old hard drive from my laptop to my new pc, i can use the old hard drive as like a ghetto external hard drive?

6. Aqib Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Pakistan Aqib mush Rawalpindi
    i know the best software its free and virus free its called idump search for it on google it basicly just what songs you want from your ipod to your computer

7. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I used to use an application called Senuti (itunes backwards... get it?), worked well. Not sure how free or available it is now, as this was about 6 years ago lol.

8. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think the one I used was Music Rescue http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/products/musicrescue/

I've got a couple others that I tried, but I think this was the one that worked. It pops up every couple hundred songs or so asking you to buy the real thing, but you don't have to. A slight pain in the buttocks but saves having to pay.