Cooling plates?? :D

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by civic_bitch, Saturday 28th Nov, 2009.

1. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hey

Just wondering what you lot think of cooling plates, etc.. Are they actually any good?? Got a few people asking so the easiest thing to do was put a post up, lol :Grin:

Thanks

Ashleigh

2. Bong Guest

They just look nice, bit of bling, supposed to direct air somewhere or other but TBH I wouldn't bother

3. TomsiR Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

they look cool, but i doute they do anything performance wise. if uv got the cash to splash then sweet, if not, then like bong said, don't bother.

off topic, but was ur car in the back of banzai a few issues ago civic_bitch?

sure i reconise it from the readers cars section.

4. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah that was my old red 1.5.. It got featured in Banzai, lol.. it was crap tho looking back, haha

Banzaipic-1.

Oh and I don't want a C plate, mates were asking :Grin:

5. .ku Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

they don't do jack on uk models

6. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

The cooling plate is design to close any gap between the radiator and the front bumper, and therefore close up any opening for air to escape before passing through the radiator.

For Civic, I think it is useless as there isn't any opening before the radiator anyways.

Older might find some use for it, but overall I think it is just a bit of bling.

I got mine for bling purpose more than usefulness. :Grin:

[​IMG]

7. TomsiR Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i have to say, i like that burnt efect on that ark cooling plate, i would get one of those just for the look!

8. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Car of the month, thats awesome. How did you manage that?

9. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

haha, sent the piccies in.. took ages tho but the car was a right dog at 1st, lol :Grin: