ICE & HFT Connect Map Update

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by 155695, Monday 30th Apr, 2018.

1. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Contact Honda CS and see what they say.

2. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Well Pete, tried all the above and the phone still won't connect. After going through all the procedures, including factory reset, I ultimately get a message on my phone stating "can't connect with Honda HFT". I'll give the dealer a ring tomorrow and they'll probably tell me to take it in for them to have a look at it.

Keith

3. Celtictemple Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom stuart Oban
    Went to Android app and reset to factory settings. Did the trick. Although all personal info gone that can be replaced but at least maps back and new map versions still there. Have to wait and see if software glitch and will it return. But pressing power button to rest didn’t work. Had to reset from Android app. Cheers.

Hatter likes this.
  4. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    What a pain.
    Out of interest is it just your phone that won't connect? Have you tried a different phone? Out of interest (again) what make is your phone?
    Thanks
    Peter

5. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Pete. It's a Moto G 2nd Generation about 4 years old. What I didn't mention previously though is the fact that the phone worked perfectly with the Connect system for about 2 weeks from the time the garage installed RC8. One day last week it just suddenly stopped connecting for no apparent reason, so I don't actually think it's the phone, particularly as it appears to ''see" the car's HFT but gives a message that it can't connect to it.

It crossed my mind to try another phone but believe it or not, there is no one I know nearby (I don't have any neighbours) with a smart phone, hence the 40 mile round trip to the dealer. I don't have anything else that I could try and connect with Bluetooth apart from a set of headphones but I should't think it is designed to work with those.

Keith

6. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Keith
    Does your phone connect to the headphones? If so, it eliminates the phone and points the finger squarely at the head unit.
    Peter

7. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Yup, just tried the headphones with downloaded music on the phone and it works perfectly. As you say, presume it must therefore be Connect. I'll give the garage a ring in the morning.

Thanks for your help Pete.

Keith

8. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    No problem.
    Pity couldn't get it sorted.
    Only way now would be to do a factory reset but you'll lose all settings that you have done.
    Peter

9. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Pete. As per Post 21, I did a factory re-set with everything else in the handbook. No joy so back to the dealer.

Keith

10. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Sorry Keith missed that.
    Peter

155695 likes this.
  11. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Hopefully the last instalment of this saga.

Ring the dealer this morning and the response is "Bring it in and we'll sort it out". So I turn up as requested, receptionist comes out to the car with me. Start the car, liven up the Connect system, Receptionist takes my phone and commences initial pairing procedure, 20 seconds later the phone is paired and working correctly!

I couldn't believe it. I say how did you do that, she says "I just paired it, it wasn't paired". I say I know that as I deleted it and tried to re-pair it as part of the many things I tried in order to solve the problem. She says "I don't know then because that's all I did".

Ever felt a total tw*t, because I did. In my defence, as mentioned above, I had previously tried everything more than once without any success.

Anyway with a Cheery "Happy Christmas" she was gone. Total time in the car 3 mins, total time in the garage less than 10 mins

I suppose I'll have to wait and see if it drops out again.

Anyway, as she said "Happy Christmas".

Keith

Hatter and andy83 like this.