ICE & HFT Connect Map Update

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by 155695, Monday 30th Apr, 2018.

1. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Anyone know when the next map update is due?

Keith

2. Commander Moth New Member Getting Started

Commander Middlesex
  3. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Thanks, that's interesting. The reason i asked is that i thought i saw somewhere that the latest map had just been released. I therefore went onto Garmin Express and it told me an update was availsble so I went through the rigmarole but when i tried to put the downloaded map onto the car from the USB it told me it was the same version already installed and recommended against installing it.

Keith

4. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Usually the update comes out around November.

5. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    For all those with the Honda connect Garmin Sat Nav, Garmin are suggesting a 2019 update release date 0f 15/8/18 on their website.

Hatter and Nels like this.
  6. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    Honda Garmin 2019 update been moved back to 15/9/18

Hatter and 155695 like this.
  7. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Update message saying to check after 15/9/2018 now gone but software available for 2016 CR-V has not been updated as of 22/9/2018.
    Says I've got latest Garmin 3.45 and maps 2018.0.

8. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Thanks for that Hatter. IIRC, the last time I received a message on the Connect system telling me an up date was available (can't remember when that was though). No message received yet.

Keith

9. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Reading
    Has anyone recently checked if 2019 edition has been released yet?

10. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Car went in for its 2nd service yesterday and when I originally booked it in I asked if they could update Connect to the latest version (It had RC4). They duly did so and it now has RC8. Certainly made a difference, e.g. it seems to work much more smoothly and it is now possible to set it to download the phone book automatically each time it is switched on. They actually said that they do not do Connect updates automatically but only if there is a problem so they just showed the reason as a bluetooth issue.

On a sort of connected issue, anyone (Hatter) know if the Garmin map update has been released yet. I've had no message come up on the car yet as it did for the 2017 update.

Keith

11. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Last I heard it is due to be released by Honda around December.

12. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Hatter, thanks for that.

Keith

13. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Further to Post 10 above.

Noticed that the phone was having difficulty connecting with the car. Never had a problem in the past. Anyway it wouldn't have it at any price so I religiously followed the instruction the in "Bible". Still no joy but interestingly the last thing to try if all else fails is to use the phone to "find" the car. Well it found it because XT1039 came up on the car but the message on the phone said "Can't connect to Honda HFT" or something similar.

I'm now wondering if updating the Connect system from RC4 to RC8 means that the particular phone I have (a now relatively ancient Moto G 2nd Generation) is no longer supported.

Can any experts out there (Hatter) on the Connect system come up with a solution or reason for this.

If not I'll have to give the dealer a ring

Keith

14. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Hi Keith
    Have you tried turning Bluetooth off on the Connect and then turning back on again? Check you haven't got wifi on, as sometimes both on at same time, can make Connect throw a wobbly.
    If still no joy, have you tried a hard reset on Connect? This should clear any corrupt file issues.
    The Motorola should still work. I've got a Samsung S3 that still works ok.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Peter

15. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Thans for thst Peter. I'll try what you suggest and report back.

Keith

16. Celtictemple Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom stuart Oban
    Updated map yesterday with new European 2018 map. Today navigation turned off with a pop and can’t get it back even after a hard reboot. Just a blank screen. Everything else works. Phones radio etc but no navigation. Any suggestions?

17. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Does the screen work for other apps etc. Do you have a home screen?
    They had some trouble with Garmin updates due to faulty files. Try putting map update usb stick back into pc and redownload the maps and see if you can reinstall maps (might recognise the usb).

18. Celtictemple Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers. Home screen works. Everything works except navigation. But I need that screen to download maps so bit stuck with that one. This is the third time something like this happened and after upgrades. But usually it comes back after a reboot.

19. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    If still under warranty go back to dealer. They can reinstall navigation software as it sounds like you have some corrupt files. May I suggest you video, on phone, the home screen then tapping navigation icon and getting the blank screen. Just to be safe in case it suddenly starts working at least you can show dealer.

20. Celtictemple Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers. Warranty ran out 6 weeks ago!!!