Feedback/Help Confused - Major Site Changes

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Eck, Sunday 10th Nov, 2019.

1. Eck Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

In site today, loads of other car makes listed, no Honda apart from Acura?

What is happening?

itsonlyjimbo and RogerH69 like this.
  2. RogerH69 H-Tune's Counsel The Evangelists

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    My thoughts too. Looks seriously untidy in my humble opinion. I can understand wanting to support makes and make it a 'global' site, but I still....

itsonlyjimbo likes this.
  3. Eck Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Still confused and looking elsewhere in news to get some indication of what is happening!!!

4. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    I have reported the issue to H-Tune & been advised by Matt he is waiting for Leo to fix it. I also advised them that I know of others who do not bother with the site since @Ichiban left.

The links I had to various posts using Honda Karma address which used to work after H-TUNE takeover also now do not work.

Last edited: Thursday 14th Nov, 2019
    itsonlyjimbo likes this.
  5. DeviateDefiant Retiring 2021 H-Tune Staff

Germany Leo Kettering
    We're working on dramatically overhauling the forum at the moment, there will be lots of changes over the coming weeks as features roll-out, announcements start flowing, and the Evangelists scheme is revamped (first and foremost) with all past/current HK/HT staff who wish to participate in what we have planned for the future of the community, to start getting the word out about it.

Unfortunately you're quite correct the site has been left after @Ichiban was removed by ultimatum of myself, and the other remaining admin, @SpeedyGee; who's as equally eager to see movement forward right now as you are. We were faced with a mass exodus of the community, ironically started by our (now) current warehouse manager @K24CL9Guy - where I/we left forced to choose between losing even more members, or CJ, I think my struggles in the past have been public enough for people to understand we made every attempt to get along and make it work. Nor did "H-Tune" intend to leave the community "unattended" this long after rescuing it from the old server and "Honda Karma Ltd" - suffice to say, I think people will understand shortly why this happened, and have their concerns more directly addressed, with much of the news they've long been waiting for. We've had quite the audacious project on our hands, and many stumbling blocks which I'll freely admit to. I can at least say if it wasn't for H-Tune, many of the few remaining members wouldn't be here either, I was in a 2-3 year stalemate with CJ where this forum was stagnant, before we had one opportunity to save it, and we did.

:learner:

Call me the boy who cried wolf after we let our initial momentum die taking over the forum formally, that's unfortunately my overruling duty to the business over the community (to date), but Tom, I don't intend to let it die either, I did build this forum/store/website/platform, I am the about "oldest thing in building" in terms of both H-Tune and Honda Karma right now, and you joined the AOC just after me, over 6 years ago, and believe it or not I still remember that. I've tried to bridge the gap between when I could be here nearly full-time (web developer), to when it's always the last task I can reasonably call my priority (managing director struggling to train 8 new starters). The one thing I will let slip immediately, is that we just hired our first full-time developer, a world-class one too, because believe me, I recognise there's only so much I can do personally, and it's me right now overstretched in several directions, a better platform of support for this community is coming.

Keep your faith. Any ex-staff will be the first invited to Evangelists after I've personally spoke to each (including CJ eventually) and to see who immediately wishes to be part of the major changes we have coming, once they understand some more. Thereafter, we extend this smaller community to include any long-term members or customers who we feel have been important to shaping where we are today, and want to make the same offer to, and repeat until we have the right group of people, to start discussing/voting/implementing each step of what's to come, and announcing to everyone else.

Y'know I do apologise for my cryptic hinting, but I have my hands tied right now on saying anything more. Ask yourself if the wait could be worth it, because I need a break, as soon as I know my efforts of 6+ years are safe...

:sparta::Yoda:

Duc de Pommfrit and K24CL9Guy like this.
  6. MattBeardless Manager in Training H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Matt Derby
    Sorry, but that's not quite what I said, I actually said: "Leo's working through the forum". I'll be completely open in saying that I've not used this forum prior to joining H-Tune in January 2019, by which point it was already Club H-Tune rather than HondaKarma. Whilst I was aware of HK, I never used it :Smile:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  7. DeviateDefiant Retiring 2021 H-Tune Staff

Germany Leo Kettering
    @MattBeardless has been training to run a new "community" department we've been trying to prepare over the past year, currently he deals with all our social media, and his job, formally, was meant to be split there and here on the forum, once we'd caught the forum up on our plans; which we still haven't. Suffice to say, "Club H-Tune" will get a more formal launch when we're a tiny bit more ready.

:judge:

K24CL9Guy and MattBeardless like this.
  8. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    The Honda Karma web site was the best organised Honda vehicle web site I have used in that amongst other things you have the option to receive notifications of new posts to topics contributed to. If the revamped web site can replicate how the Honda Karma web site worked then that would be good.
    I have mentioned to Matt that it would also be helpful if vehicles added to the Garage could be ordered. I have another seven Honda's to add plus a 14 year old Honda HRX 426 QX mower recently sold to a professional landscape gardener. While typing this post I am getting errors reported?

itsonlyjimbo likes this.
  9. DeviateDefiant Retiring 2021 H-Tune Staff

Germany Leo Kettering
    @tomwillie, we're aiming for far beyond how I originally organised Honda Karma's sections, infact half the point in what's to come is browse-ability and organisation across what right now is one very fractured platform. Right now, to add one new model - you wouldn't believe the amount of manual work involved. It does mean in the short-term, there will be ugly bits, half complete forums and some missing icons as we patch up what we have - but I do strongly believe your "concerns" will be properly addressed once our full announcement lands, and you see just how we're planning to double-down on the original plan for HK, just a lot more open to "other models" and embracing them, in the long run.

:domodollar:

(Management reserves the right to maintain a 100% pro-Honda and pro-petrol bias, and push as much propaganda as possible onto this forum to continue the honoured and sacred passed time and tradition amongst this community, of belittling all things diesel, and all things German - even if I choose to wear the German flag on my profile for now, somethings must never change, You didn't read this, soz.)

MattBeardless and tomwillie like this.
  10. MattBeardless Manager in Training H-Tune Staff

Don't mind me whilst I just sign us both up for the next RWYB day at Pod to see my CU3 vs your CL9...

11. DeviateDefiant Retiring 2021 H-Tune Staff

Germany Leo Kettering
    If you can beat @K24CL9Guy's CR-V first, I'll take you up on that :Whistle:

12. MattBeardless Manager in Training H-Tune Staff

I dare say I'd be quicker and more economical without really trying. :Rolf:

13. Eck Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Don't particularly understand the technical side of site reorganisation but wish everyone well in maintaining and gradual improvement of both the site and the forum - particularly with respect to keeping the essence of it together - the people who run it and those who participate at all levels and make it a very broad church of enthusiasts, dabblers and admirers of the achievemnts of others on their cars.

itsonlyjimbo and MattBeardless like this.
  14. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    I keep receiving emails from H-TUNE that I have not logged on for seven days but there is no point in doing so until after the Forum categories & associated old posts have been re-established.

itsonlyjimbo and andy83 like this.
  15. Heckler Community Staff Club H-Tune

I used to run a car club myself until 2013... it closed because I couldn't find anyone willing to take it over as I was pretty much funding it out of my own pocket a lot of the time... The same few people were always chipping in to help cover running costs and I never thought it was fair when so many others did nothing to contribute.

Just maintaining, administrating and moderating a small forum... probably a little more active that this one currently is... was a major undertaking and I was only using off the shelf free to use forum software and a few plugins... and a front end site that was so low quality that it's kinda cringe worthy now. I was learning HTML 4... but then everything went HTML5 and I got left behind and couldn't be bothered to relearn everything. So it's been 6yrs since I last did any kind of site building/updating... probably more like 7yrs really as that last 12 months was more of a holding pattern for the site as I tried to find some one willing to take it over from 2012 onwards.

16. TheDarkKnight Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry to say, but this whole site is a mess.

Granted, it takes effort to run, fund and operate - totally accept that, but in doing whatever is being done behind the scenes, a lot of hard core Honda fans/members have become alienated /disillusioned.

I couldn't care less about the operational barnies between the current management and CJ, all I know is, whenever I visit the site, its full to the brim of errors and bugs on almost everything you click - thats assuming of course the site is even working and I can't be arsed with it any more. In attempting to "monetising" the site, a lot of stalwart members have vanished. This site isnt what it used to be, and I don't think I'll be coming back again either.

itsonlyjimbo and andy83 like this.
  17. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Cliff County Durham
    All ex-staff have been invited to apply to be Evangelists.
    So we can either complain and leave, or step up to the plate and offer to be part of the solution.
    If something's broken, we can fix it. Just like a car.

18. TheDarkKnight Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very disingenuous, patronising and full of crap.

Ironic that the site was perfectly fine with hundreds of members online at any one time when CJ ran the show. Now, hardly anyone is here. Not hard to see why.

And you now claim we should step up to the plate and fix it just like a car? Pathetic.

The car wasn't broken in the first place. Remember that. Anyway, I'm out.

19. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Cliff County Durham
  20. Eureka Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England Earth
    I've only just come back online after a break to find the website not working more than it is working for me with lots of errors.
    I didn't come on here a lot when I was online due to a issue with a former member who was arguing with me even when shown the regulations that were being argued about & how they are applied.
    Hopefully the site issues can be resolved and hopefully the site will become more focused on all honda cars, plus other brands by the look of the forum index page instead of just one model of car.

I agree with Heckler says running a web forum can be a thankless task with people just complaining but when time is taken to fix things people still don't use it.
    I helped admin a forum for many years but the members decided they wanted to move over to facebook. I am no longer even a member.

I dislike the way that most forums have moved over to facebook as I find facebook forums next to usedless with no real search function & prefer a real forum anyday of the week.

itsonlyjimbo likes this.