Cockermouth

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Tahir, Friday 20th Nov, 2009.

1. Tahir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Anyone near Cockermouth to report anything to us.

Im sure if your in the middle of it all the last thing your going to do is log on to Civiclife to report on it but anyone close by with any crazy eye witness reports?

Looks really bad on Sky News.

Mother natures VTEC kicked in yO

2. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I've got a mate that lives in workington area, hes saying RAF and that are all about,

3. Switch Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Was blue skies during the day down here, shit sucks for them.

4. no1carper Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

have i missed something lol i havent watched tv all day soo looks that way lol

5. Switch Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

6. billy786_1988 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

haha, thort it was some joke i didnt get with cocker-mouth, just bbc news'd it!

7. civicboy40 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Damn thats bad.....I was up in the yorkshire dales last week and got caught in a load of lashfloods, wasnt my idea of fun, esp in a lowered Civic

8. slinky1989 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Loads of info about the flooding and what's coming over the next 24 hours here: http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/57636-nw-severe-flooding-thread-19th-nov-onwards/

9. Adam-VT Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It's fine here now. Just extremely strong winds.

10. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Driving in it this afternoon was crazy, could feel the force of the wind pushing against the side of the car :O

11. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

like gloucestershire in 2007 oh how that was fun lol no water for like 2 weeks mmmm hahaha. managed to perfect the art of showering with a big 5l bottle of water with a few holes in LOOOOOOL certainly an exprience

12. Tahir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 bridges have now collapsed, one major bridge and a Policeman has gone missing

:Frown:

13. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

terrible name for a town tbh

14. robdob437 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Can't believe this is all going on. I'm on the outskirts of London and it's blue skies and very nice weather!

15. SaintGrimm Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Enviro-TEC kicked in yo :Tongue:

16. @lex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

In cumbria where my mum lives, did any of you see the river kent in kendal on the news!? omg!, sisters school got closed as it was flooded and mum can't get down shops cos her 4x4 can't get through a puddles ahah, very serious tho!

17. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you mean a main bridge collapsed or its gone missing? lol

18. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Saw this on the news earlier, looks really bad

19. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol......cockermouth

That aside the shits going down up there :Frown: shame about that police man, hope it doesnt get too much worse! Looks shocking on the news :Frown:

Flooding FTL

20. BubblyBex Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Haven't heard about this...

We've got really strong winds down here and operation STAK in progress... Its been raining on and off but not that bad as off yet

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 20th Nov, 2009