Engine & Gearbox CLUTCH BLEED NIPPLE LOCATION, 2009 I-DTEC

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by FUGMASTER, Saturday 13th Apr, 2019.

1. FUGMASTER Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England ALAN HASLEMERE
    Hi Gang, whilst I'm changing the front brake pads I thought I'd have a go at replacing the clutch fluid, too! Looking into the engine bay from the front, I can see a lone nipple with rubber cover on the lower left-hand side; if this is indeed the clutch bleed point, is all I do similar to bleeding the brakes where , once the fluid released is clean and bubble free, keep the clutch pedal on the floor whilst tightening the (8mm presumeably) nipple?

As ever, any suggestions gratefully received.

2. FUGMASTER Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England ALAN HASLEMERE
    Just as a warning to others, I've tried bleeding the clutch as described on various forums around the web, and although we managed to purge all the seriously old and black (!) fluid from the system, I've now got a clutch that doesn't travel all the way back, bits incredibly low, and there's a distinct thud as the peddle comes hesitantly up?? Think it's time for my friendly Honda dealer to take a look?

3. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Sounds like you have flipped a seal in the clutch master cylinder.
    Probably easiest to buy a new one.

4. FUGMASTER Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England ALAN HASLEMERE
    Hmmmm, we were thinking it could be the master cylinder, and just When I need the car for a week in Wales, too; time to get Honda to investigate further! Thanks for the response, Bounder

5. FUGMASTER Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England ALAN HASLEMERE
    Well this is strange; clutch pedal was on the floor when left over-night, but by the morning was back to where it should be and was driveable?? Took it to a good local garage to get their opinion, and they again bled it and say it's fine (which it appears to be, too)?

6. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Cliff County Durham
    Maybe just some air in the system.

Glad it worked out. Fortune favours the brave.

7. FUGMASTER Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England ALAN HASLEMERE