Civic VTi Aerodeck mods

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by KrzysVTi, Friday 4th Dec, 2009.

1. KrzysVTi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good morning people,

I used to have a Civic VTi 1.6 hatch, looked the nuts and went the same, I regretted selling it but need some practicality, so I am picking up my 1.8VTi coffin carrier on Sunday.

The millions of sites I used for my other Civic don't seem to list any bits for the hearse!

Anyone got any handy links for bits, not looking for bodykits or owt over the top but stuff like clear indicators etc subtle like.

Thanks!

2. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Aren't the side indicators the same as the EK/MB/EJ ones on the Aerodeck?

3. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep, just checked, side indicators are the same, these are what you want

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-Civic-96-00-SIDE-REPEATERS-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-NEW_W0QQitemZ280419065549QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414a475ecd

4. Bong Guest

Can you be more specific about what you want to do to it

5. KrzysVTi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've seen one that I think I will try and mimic a bit...

civic-aerodeck-vti-14.

civic-aerodeck-vti-15.

I like subtle mods so this I think looks really good but subtle!

6. JACKO. Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

7. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

KrzysVTi, that pic you posted is of an aerodeck lowered on rims with a different backbox, all would be/are readily availible for your car

8. Bong Guest

KrzysVTi

I reckon the pics you posted, the car looks fairly low, lower than mine was 35mm Eibachs, they could be 50mm springs which again Eibach supply

35mm = pro kit

50mm = sport line

You will DEF need to upgrade shocks with the sport kit, something like KYB AGX or Bilstein, I would upgrade the shocks anyway depending on mileage

The back box looks like a Supersprint Magnum

Thats it, nothing has been done, have a look at EP82's Aerodeck on here, its a stunning looking car and he hasnt spent that much to get it where it is

9. Freakboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I lowered my Aerodeck on 40mm PI springs and i'm using 15" rims. I certainly wouldn't lower it any more as i'm only just clearing the speed humps (scraping the odd one). I know tucking tyre looks good, but getting grounded or taking your exhaust off on a speed hump makes you look a D1CK.

10. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This lookes very wrong IMO

11. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Agreed, utter shite.

12. Freakboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes the car could be real but the wheels are computer gen. look at the rears especially

13. KrzysVTi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I wouldn't go lower than the 35mm lowering, would rather keep it on lowering springs rather than changing the shocks too if I could get away with it

14. Freakboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I used 40mm PI Aerodeck springs for mine, Just right

15. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats an accord aerodeck....

16. Bong Guest

Ok

Well to give you an idea, here is my old hatchy on Eibach pro kit and standard shocks

More than low enough

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. KrzysVTi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That looks pretty smart, you could have at least tyre shined it! lol

I think that ride height looks spot on, lower than stilts but able to deal with speed bumps!

I think a rough list of things I'll with mine would be to tidy up the rocker cover as the paint is peeling, maybe a grill similar to the one yours has as I had something similar on my old EK4 (which I'll stick some pictures up of soon!).

Wind deflectors are a must! I'm so used to having them lol

I have a BMC induction kit I can stick on for a bit of noise, I had a full Spoon N1 exhaust on my EK4 which was a tad loud so I don't think I'll do more than maybe a stainless steel cat back this time, give it some grunt but subtle when potting about!

Wheels, not sure where to go really, Silver car, hmmm lol

18. Bong Guest

Cheers, yeah forgot the tyre shine that day

The grill is custom, there are no aftermarket grills

19. KrzysVTi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm sure I could get one sorted with a bit of DIY lol

Are the wheel fittings the same as the EK hatch?

20. KrzysVTi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Pictures of my old EK4