Engine & Gearbox Civic h22 EG - What driveshafts?

Discussion in 'Honda F/H-Series' started by joff, Monday 14th Dec, 2009.

1. joff New Member Getting Started

recently purchased an EG h22

have a slight problem with the driveshaft vibrating

but have no idea what shaft has been used in the conversion!

anyone any ideas? can i use Civic ones, Prelude ones? I've even heard something about using Integra ones?

any help will be great!

thanks

2. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

your best of using specially off driveshafts from places like hasport but they ago cheap. But are perfect for the job. The honda OEM ones to use are Integra pre 96 i believe. But can't remember what half shaft you need. Have all the info at home, so will post it up when i finish work.

3. joff New Member Getting Started

thanks mate,

much appreciated

4. Glenno Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

If you don't have enough funds for the hasport ones, i found some on ebay in califonia. no idea of their quality, but there on ebay so you could hazard a guess lol. here, hope it helps. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AXLE-92-93-94-95-Civic-2-H22-Prelude-CV-AXLE-SHAFT-H23_W0QQitemZ170419953802QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33598QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m444QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DCRX%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DSI%252BUA%252BLM%252BLA%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63

5. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

apparently the combination you need is a accord 90to97 intermediate shaft, and Integra 90to 93drive shafts.

6. series1glenn Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i now own this h22 Civic and have the fault with the driveshafts ? so any more info on the ones i need would be great, i looked at the ones in calafornia, do you think these are the ones i need ?? cheers

7. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

read my post above the answers there! But if you want custom made over OEM your looking at big bucks from america.

8. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=434668

9. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hasport shafts are pretty rubbish tbh and don't last.

The OEM combination is as follows ;

Intermediate shaft - Prelude VTEC/ATR

Outer shafts and CV's - Ef8/9 ee8/9 Civic/CR-X VTEC

Inner CV's - 92-00 Prelude VTEC

This combination allows the correct amount of inner CV travel on EG,EK and DC chassis' even on low cars.

10. Iain Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

like gerry said, the hasport driveshafts are pretty poor quality, there mounts are great though!

11. series1glenn Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is This Something You Could Sort Out For Me If I Brought The Car To You ?? Or At Least Check It All Out To See What I Need ? Or Wether It Could Just Be Down To It Being Lowered And The Camber Being Out ?

Your A Fair Distance Away Though !!

12. blitz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

my hassport ones were fine, no problems at all, i actually recommend them if money is available

13. series1glenn Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Any Idea Where's Best To Get The Hasport Shafts From ?

Thanks