Changing the alternator!

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by A54M, Saturday 2nd Jan, 2010.

1. A54M Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi, anyone help i need to know how to change the alternator on my eg4 and i can't seem to find a 'how to' on the forum so any chance sum 1 cud put one up thanks.. :Wink:

2. Cannit Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Take the negative off the battery... Need to slacken the bolt at the top of the alternator, 12mm i think, lever it over and pull the belt to the side.. Then jack it up, remove the passenger front wheel and you can see the bottom bolt, 14mm i think but very visible, undo that and pull it away..

Youve got 2 options with undoing the power and remote wire on the alternator, either remove them at the end when alternator loose or do it in situ and get on your back before you undo the bottom bolt..

Easy job

3. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its just a couple of bolts, 1 at the bottom which i found easier to get from underneath and then the one from the top is just on the tensioner bracket. kinda fiddly to do with the inlet mani on but it saves time leaving it on.then its just putting the belt on and plugging it in. easy really just got to get stuck in with it.

4. A54M Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

thanks guys for help guys..u guys make it sound so easy!! :Smile:

5. MugenRich Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

it is so easy. Should see it done in less than 30mins