Celebrities Appealing For Money

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by Tobiasnugent, Friday 20th Nov, 2009.

1. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Does this annoy any one else ? Right i know its for a good course and such. But for example the people of dragons den how much are they worth ? What have they donated ? Taylor Swift 13k i mean come on you probably own shoes worth more then that. ITS SO ANNOYING! same with mr geldof and his bloody live aid!

2. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Agreed...

Although if they didn't do it there'd be no show, so hardly anyone would donate throughout the night.

The Dragon's Den lot should've done more than renovate a community centre though IMO, 50k each wouldn't be too much of a struggle for them, but I guess we don't know if they have donated or not as they could've done!

3. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its such a sham as far as celebs are concerned, if they really gave a shit, they'd put there hands in their pockets.

al9955

4. issie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Drew Barrymore donated 1million of her own money last year for charity. Thats what i like to see.

5. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

see thats awsome, id like to think it would encourage others to follow suit

al9955

6. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Some celebrity donated thirteen thousand pounds and you're complaining that they should have given more? :| . Not being funny but just because they are rich doesn't mean they should have to donate insane amounts (if anything at all). How much have you donated? Don't answer, I don't care.

7. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^but its all a farce, they pretend this give a shit but they just don't, they go on TV, tell you to put your hand in your pocket (which we should do, don't need to be told IMO) and i have a sneeking suspision they proberly donate less than they are paid to appear on the show

al9955

8. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Should imagine a lot of them waive their appearance fees though tbh.

9. Porker New Member Getting Started

Bill Gates has donated around 28bn Dollars to charity ya know....

10. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Tight git. lol

11. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    footballers are cunts, they are all spactards that earn rediculous money, 150k a week some of them pricks are on

A FUCKIN WEEK!

imagine, Donate, half a years wage packet.

they would stil be on a Disgusting amount of money & think of the people they can save & Help!

12. Ryanlush Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

13. pickles2010 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

true most celebrates donate alot of money

14. Eazalee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

as much as i love football, it is very wrong how much they get paid. it's really not right even if they are the best in the world, their job is fun, obv means more to them but its not even if they have 2 work hard for it, yeah the training etc but a brick layer for instance, alot harder

15. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Dirk Kuyt donates half his wage packet to charity, but doesn't ever really talk about it.

16. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I put a few quid here and there into charity boxes and stuff. I think they do more than you think in the ways of donating, but yeah they do earn stupid amounts of money.

17. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What's more annoying are the guys in the town centres who stop you for "2 minutes", tell you that they just want to pass on some information on, but when you don't sign make you feel guilty for not doing so.

Why in the world would I give out my bank details to some random on a high street - totally open for fraud etc - plus I can't give to every charity

18. BubblyBex Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This year alone I've already given out

19. eg6boy1986 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

see im all for giving to charities and helping people out, but when the goverment hands out money to different countries when there is people in this country that needs it aswel that's wrong, we should look after are own people before giving it away to others