General Car hits the rear right rim.

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by PanayiotisPal, Saturday 14th Apr, 2018.

1. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    Steering wheel alignment shows rear right wheel within the external margin (cannot be adjusted more). Reason for SW alignment a vehicle front face hits my wifes CR-V rear right rim (and surrounding body). Calibration shop told me that the inner tyre side will wear more.

What hardware parts should I change in order to bring vehicle back original state? E.g. do you think it is advisable to change the axle, the upper camber arm, and the wheel bearing apart from the rim?? Anything else I need to replace??

Thanks.

Last edited: Saturday 14th Apr, 2018
  2. Ichiban Retired The Domo Don

England CJ Leeds
    Please show us the print out for the alignment and outline what other mods you have done to the standard suspension set up.

3. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    I believe trying to find information from forum members is not the right way. Closing thread.

4. Ichiban Retired The Domo Don

England CJ Leeds
    Because ?

5. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    Because we are moving away from the initial question.

6. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    CR-V was sent to a different SW alignment shop (same as where Honda aligns their cars after an accident) before body work and now properly aligned after adjustment and within nornal specs. Will attach the alignment results, before and after alignment, later today.
    IMG_20180428_113912.

Last edited: Saturday 28th Apr, 2018
  7. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Greece Panos Nicosia
    The suspension strut the car wheel was knocked is not straight. That was the problem. Need to change out of my own pocket the Honda incompetency for a proper visual inspection. Right rear tire is worn unevenly again.

Last edited: Friday 23rd Aug, 2019
    MattBeardless likes this.