Introductions Can you help ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jeanberryman, Friday 29th Mar, 2019.

1. jeanberryman New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Jean fareham
    9D5EDF89-6672-4312-A087-1C2100CBE70C. Hello everyone, this is the first time i’ve subscribed to anything. I’m hoping by doing it, someone can help me to find a good home for my much loved 1984 Honda Jazz. Any help, suggestions or advice that eventually leads to a home for her would be appreciated, including a heritage centre etc. To cut a long story short, i have health problems and am unable to drive my car anymore. The car means a lot to me so I’m happy to give it to someone at no cost if I knew they would retain its originality and also maintain and treat it in the same way I have. Reading entries on this website, I thought that it was a good place to submit this request. The car has been a reliable runaround, is original, has been and continues to be maintained despite it spending the majority of its time garaged. Please let me know, if you require more information about my car. Hopefully, i’ve followed this website’s etiquette to send out this request. Thankyou

HondaHeritage, Zebster and Heckler like this.
  2. deviator Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello and welcome. That is a very kind offer of you. I hope manage to find a good home for your car. I would offer myself, but I already have too many projects.

3. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

It's times like this I wish I had a garage... cars like that are a rare thing and deserve to be cared for and kept mint still... I wish you luck and hope it finds a good home.

4. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hello jean
    sorry to hear about your health it looks like you have made an exeptional job in looking after your Jazz!!!
    we would love to add your little car to our collection !! we are a travelling museum as such and our group shares our collection of old honda products around the country
    heres a few pictures of our groups varied collection of old honda products at some of our events

56157841_451004955639144_4039980666798997504_n.?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.

55619206_408473503302799_1930338386506153984_n.?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.

52029254_2081456901955416_4702137187867557888_n.?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.

56430983_1083056148548658_860073862518276096_n.?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.

kindest regards
    alan
    I've also messaged you my details

Zebster likes this.
  5. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hi zebster
    what a cracking little car i do hope that jean gets in touch !
    we have not got a Jazz in the collection and this one is such a fine example !

honda_saj likes this.
  6. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    im very excited to say im arranging collection of this lovely example of the early Jazz .this will make a wonderful example of the MKI Jazz for our honda heritage collection
    hopefully i shall be posting here the on going story !

FirstHonda and Zebster like this.
  7. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    im very pleased to say the Jazz was collected and delivered to me today ! she has been well used and looked after and has done a grand total of 85000 !!!

HONDA JAZZ 003.JPG
    its wheel trims refitted but i prefer the original steel rim look
    more to follow
    HONDA JAZZ 011.JPG

FirstHonda and Zebster like this.
  8. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    spent a day on the Jazz started by removing the stickers (carefully as im keeping them with the car as part of its history along with the noddong dog and friend )
    was rather excited as the seats had two sets of seat covers on them ,but on removal to my horror the foam from the covers had disintegrated and turned to a stick glue all over the seats and stained them brown :Ohdear::Ohdear:

HONDA JAZZ 019.JPG

HONDA JAZZ 017.JPG

no fabric cleaners would touch the issue in fact some made the problem worse
    with years of car restoration experience you have to think outside the box and with attempts of other chemicals and ideas i found the solution and after a few hours here is the interior back to its former glory

HONDA JAZZ 022.JPG

HONDA JAZZ 021.JPG

next job is to tackle the wheels and to find a water leak behind the engine block (i beleive its a metal water pipe that runs behind the engine these do rust out fingers crossed )

HONDA JAZZ 023.JPG

Last edited: Saturday 20th Apr, 2019
  9. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well done for taking this on - It looks like a fun little car

10. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    thank you ,and for your interest
    a quirky little car and very very scarce due to most of them rotting away ,the lady that owned it took great care of it and there are very few issues with the bodywork
    for those that did not know in 1982 honda designed a foldup motorbike to go in the boot of these and that is on the list to get for this

17067352996_ee248ff14e_n.

motocompo-honda-5-1.

11. deviator Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would love a CompoMoto, ever since I saw one on Mighty Car Mods, I just can't justify the price. The car is coming up great, good luck with it.

HondaHeritage likes this.
  12. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    latest up date on the little Jazz
    wheel refurbished + nuts and caps and a couple of new tyres

HONDA JAZZ 005.JPG

HONDA JAZZ 002.JPG

sourced the water leak ,it was the steel water pipe running along the back of the engine ,the steel pipe had rotted through and replacements are near impossible to fined.fortunately i honda friend donated me another 80,s model honda water pipe similar to the one fitted and with a little modifications it fits well and as solved the problem
    next job for this weekend is camshaft seal ,crankseal and cambelt due to the seals leaking heavily and contaminating the cambelt

SayamaAccord likes this.
  13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    This is fantastic @HondaHeritage :clap:

The job you did on those seats is just amazing. I remember these little cars from back in the day - I was always trying to get my Mother to buy something Japanese and interesting, with the Subaru Vivio at the top of the list, but I remember trying to convince her into one of these and a Toyota Starlet without success back in the 1980's!

It may also be a little sad that I remember those 'Makita' wheel trims. They were the steel wheel cover of choice from all good motor factors (and lots of bad ones too). My Lada Riva had a set from new (!) but I soon replaced them with genuine Lada items by doing a swap with the dealer. Apparently, they thought the Makita ones looked better...:shock:

14. HondaNinja Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Middlesbrough
    Great job here @HondaHeritage , it warms my heart to see that @jeanberryman 's car has been passed into the perfect hands. Great project, also lovely collection of classic Hondas you have there. Please do let us know if you manage to find one of the fold up bikes!

15. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    thank you sam
    i will indeed post up when i acquire a motocompo
    the honda Jazz will be on display on our honda heritage stand 26th & 27th of may at the crystal palace hillclimb and car show event
    anyone interested in a good weekend out please see info on h tunes events page and come and say hi !

16. HondaHeritage Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    our honda heritage Jazz kindly donated to our collection by jean berryman was up and running and on display on our group stand 26th and 2th of may at the crystal palace hillclimb
    no motocompo to compliment it yet so the honda p50 was the stand in :Grin:

CRYSTAL PALACE 2019 052.JPG

CRYSTAL PALACE 2019 050.JPG

CRYSTAL PALACE 2019 051.JPG