Pre-Purchase buying cat c ep1

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by deebow, Sunday 15th Nov, 2009.

1. deebow Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi

I've been offered a Civic ep1 for a good price compared to what they usually go for which i'll be taking if my mate doesnt.

now the car is a cat c but has most of the service history. its the car in the link below. what things would be best to check when i go to view it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130337981662&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 15th Nov, 2009
  2. deebow Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

also how much do Type-R body kits generally go for?

3. Anton Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the only problem youwill have is when you come to resell as its recorded. If you put a CTR kit on it may look even more suspecious, ie more damage than it actually had

4. bigd89 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

ave a little more and buy mine I've got a Type-R rear lip for it :Smile:

5. deebow Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If im getting it for around 1700 is it worth it and how does putting a CTR kit on it make it look suspicious?

also are there any common faults or problems that i should look out for when viewing?

thanks for the help so far

6. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get an EJ9

7. Immy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Reselling might be a problem due to it being a cat C rather then a cat D but also considering there is a market segment out there that does not perform database checks on cars it might be a good choice to go for..

other then that you should check for any structural damage it has gone through and also any major paint defects showing from different angles as silver shows up with any past repairs done on different panels..

Also worth checking if timing belt has been replaced or not..

8. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

read antons post again, he explains why...

9. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

plus, check the state of they bump strips :lol:

10. billy786_1988 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sisters selling an ep shape 1.6 VTEC atm. cat D recorded but been repaired. had recent gearbox change from newer car and has EP3: seats front back, gear surround and steering wheel. shes recently scraped the driver side tho when parking it in :Grin: Pm me if interested.

11. deebow Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

pm sent

12. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

the major fault on ep1/2 is the gearbox input shaft bearing goes, so when you accelerate you get a clicking/whirring/grinding sound.

other than that they are bombproof - i battered one for 3 years and it was only the box which failed, and that was 170 to repair :Grin:

13. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

the major fault on ep1/2 is the gearbox input shaft bearing goes, so when you accelerate you get a clicking/whirring/grinding sound.

other than that they are bombproof - i battered one for 3 years and it was only the box which failed, and that was 170 to repair :Grin:

14. deebow Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

is the difference between the 1.4 and 1.6 petrol big consumption wise?

15. deebow Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

is the difference between the 1.4 and 1.6 petrol big consumption wise?