Sold Burton Custom V Rocker 154 Repaired & Waxed Snowboard

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Civic92, Monday 14th Oct, 2013.

1. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Item for Sale: Burton Custom V Rocker 154 Repaired & Waxed Snowboard

Price: £50 ONO

Condition: http://function88.wordpress.com/2013/10/14/snowboard-repair-service/

Description:

Up for sale is one of my old Snowboards. A Burton Custom V Rocker (154cm).

I bought it back in 2009 I think. As soon as I got it I filed the edges off and began to use it as my 'freestyle' board. One the first night using it, I came off a wheel and the board struck a leg denting the nose. I filled that with araldite to waterproof it. Using it on boxes and rails it's suffered a fair amount of scratches to the base and a couple of small dings in the edges but the main damage came when I noticed a crack appearing in the top sheet of the nose. After a heavy landing that crack then split open and I retired the board.

I've just dug it out of storage and ha a look over the damage. It doesn't seem to have affected the base or edge but it has splintered some of the wood in the centre. I've made a repair by using some Araldite to glue the wound back together and to form a waterproof seal. It doesn't look pretty but it should do the job (for how long I don't know). I have given it a good flex and it's not popped open so for the average ride it should be ok (but again, I don't know a time scale of how long that will last).

I've given the board a new coat of wax to the base an polished it up so it should slide nicely. Obviously I'm not expecting much for a damaged board but it may benefit someone just starting out in freestyle. You will need bindings suitable for buttons channel system. 154cm tall. I've tried to as honest as I can but any questions please ask.

Pictures:

null_zps4c6f37a1.

Or follow the eBay link for more:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181237948447?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 14th Oct, 2013
  2. Hamza Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★