Bullshit Insurance Quotes

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by dc2blair, Sunday 3rd Jan, 2010.

1. dc2blair Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I live on a private road, about half a mile up from a B road, the roads fairly unmade, about 15 houses on the lane in total.

come January the car will be in my name and ill be insuring by myself, i knew this would make it more expensive but hey ho.

So mods on the cheapest I've managed to find it is

2. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's not just where you live. There bringing In a lot more factors this year. So will probably rise

3. lee4391 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Consider yourself lucky mate I pay2.2k a year for a 1.25 fiesta Im 18 no ncb fully comp on my own. It's standard aswell, young drivers/ young people get raped for most things these days :/

4. Blair Guest

your missing the point.

We put the details exactly the same, his all but 2 months older than me, and I've had my license a month longer than him.

All that was differnt was the address :O

5. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

as daft as it sounds, a insurance company will think, nobody is gonna try and steal a car while there is shit loads of traffic streaming by on a dual carriageway, but up your lonely dark alleyway, they will have all the time in the world to open it, start it etc.

my insurance is more expensive than my sisters, yet she lives in a run down council estate that has burnt out cars everywhere, i live in a nice village with a lovely house. we have the same insurane broker, and he says, thiefs don't steal cars from tere next door neighbours, they travel to nice places to "shop"

6. Bong Guest

Your 19

HTH

7. Blair Guest

Wtf is HTH lmao ?

8. stevo_d Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i don't no how far you live apart but heres an example me and my mate live about 2 miles away but in that 2 miles the post codes change mine is sg8 and his cb2 but because his live in the cambridge are and i techinacally live in the an sg8 my qoutes on same car are about

9. Blair Guest

its about 10 miles, he lives in southend and i live in basidon.

People get stabbed in southend, fairly regular, his area is much worse than mine !!! lmao

10. skyinsurance Commercial Services Trader

If you have got a full 2 years driving experience then try my company.. You guys spend far to much time worrying about price comparison sites!

11. PSR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Insurance prices can be an arse. My latest quote is making me think seriously how much i really need to drive.