Budget Road Trip - Euro

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by DafWales, Sunday 3rd Jan, 2010.

1. DafWales Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Basically, I've wanted to do a road trip for 3 years now, after reading peoples ring trips etc.

I also want to make it more than just driving to the ring in your own car.

Im really thinking about having a top gear/Gumball styled road trip to a point say like prague in budget bought cars and see who makes it there first or even at all.

I was thinking at first like a

2. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I said I'd be up for this..

A budget of about

3. DafWales Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah well all the details can be sorted if people are actually interested but Im pretty sure there must be alot of people up for this even people who would want to film it etc or anything just come along for the ride even have little teams to share the costs etc.

Makes it more fun, but I am totally up for doing it in the summer, it is something your always going to remember.

4. Ashley g Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Me and 3 mates just did this along side 10 other cars

http://www.urbanallstarrally.co.uk/intro.html

Was bloody brilliant! Ours was the

5. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

teams would be awesome!!

A cameraman per car?

But yeh, there has to be some amount of people who are up for this and if we could get people in the same region to club together with say

6. DafWales Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bit hasty saying camera men per car lol, I was just thinking someones got to be interested just going to record it as I know there must be some budding filmers out there, just trying to boost numbers lol.

7. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

aye, true that, but still i'd be happy if someone with a half decent camcorder brought it along and recorded some of the journey. I'd totally rat my car for it though

8. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

this is something I've always wanted to doo, but i don't think i would have ze money for it this year, plus my cars really shit so i wouldn't be too worried about it,

9. DafWales Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Apparently there is already one of these called rust to rome..

http://www.rust2rome.com/

Video to go with, saves some organising if we can just joing onto theres.

10. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

only thing with that is usually an entrance fee etc etc, and expect everyone to be super nice, where as if it was done privatlly among civiclifers it could get funny and lots of antics

11. DafWales Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

See yeah Id rather doing it amongst us but its if we can get the applicants lol.

12. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

we could just try and get as many cl'ers to sign up to it?

13. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

its just a hassle trying to get everything organised i would imagine,

and would need a fair few people, at least 5 cars with 3 or so people in each for an evenfull trip,

14. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

See the Rust 2 Rome thing would be about

15. kellsled Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've a corsa worth bout 500 quid lol id like to do something like this to but duno bout this year with having a shit job after getting paid off

16. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i would just use my Civic as its shit enough as it is, i reckon a trip through europe would be a breeze for the ICE road warrior, and i would get to war paint it