Bought a B16B full swap, payed 2 months ago, still did't get it

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by Arvid, Saturday 5th Dec, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arvid Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Over Two months ago one of civiclife members - Clive - put a complete engine swap for sale.

http://www.civiclife.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52316

I'm not writing much on this board but I've already bought quite alot of stuff from members and never had any problems etc. So after reading the thread and seeing that a few lads voted for Clive as a sound guy etc... I've deceided to buy it. I was supposed to pay the whole lot before anything was shipped (as I don't have much posts here and I'm a foreign guy) wchich I did after a few days (This was at the 26 September). Clive told me he got the money and he'll start taking the engine out. He was supposed to take the engine out of the car, split the gearbox from the engine and take a few parts apart and pack it, thats what he said to me. I was supposed to organise shipping thats what we agreed to before I payed. Clive said also it will take a week or two to take it out. I've been waiting patient but it took over three weeks before He informed me that all is packed and ready for shipping.

So I've sent down a courier, gave him Clives number. They rang him a day before pickup but he couldn;t be there at the time the courier was in the area of pickup. The courier tried a few days later but Clive didn't pick up the phone (they were ringing many times!).

So I choosed antoher company to organise pickup for saturday to make things easier for Clive. He knew about pickup since monday but at saturday he didn;t pick up the phone again. The courier was trying to reach him for the full day etc... with no effect. They went down to his place but there were no goods prepared and CLive's mom said the stuff's not ready. I've lost 50 pounds because the courier had to go for nothing. As some of You know Clive became a father so I said ok, its a hard time, he's bussy etc and I have to send the guys down again for pickup.

So we've agreed that I will send the courier down next saturday and that Clive doesn't have to be there, he just needs to leave it at his house and they'll pick it up. But again no luck. Clive was bussy and he couldn't leave it at the house.

I gave it another chance next saturday. I was assured by Clive this time everything is ready at his house. It was already two months since I payed!! The courier went down to his place and the only thing that was ready for shipping was a few small parts like the loom etc... The engine was still hanging in the car with the gearbox attached and they couldn;t take it away. This time I had to pay 200 pounds (thats how much it takes to send it to my country) as they went down for nothing again so I've got pissed and told Clive to give me my money back.

But He assured me He will send me the engine on his own expences this saturday wchich he didn't.

Now it's over two months since I payed and I still didn't get my engine swap nor the money. I really did what I could to pick it up, the courier was 5 times trying to pick it up but the stuff was never there or never ready. I've lost 250pounds aswell.

I'm asking You Clive, will You send me my engine swap or give me my money back???

2. Gav_ek4 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i really think there must be crossed wires somewhere or personal problems,clives a good guy and there will be a perfectly reasonable explanation for this

3. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats not on. Yes he has been busy but still, its 2 months, he should have planned ahead tbh.

But I'm sure Clive will explain...

4. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

clive is a cool guy, im sure there is a good reason why it has taken so long, but clive wouldn't scam anyone.

5. Arvid Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm not saying he's a scammer, but I have enough of waiting. I gave Clive many times another chance to finish our deal. He knew from the beggining that I can't really come on my own and pick it up. I know it's not so easy to take an engine out the car, but 10 weeks time is more then enough! I started this thread because I'm hoping this will help to finish this issue.

6. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Where you from mate?

7. Arvid Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm living in Warsaw- Poland

8. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

One thing to keep in mind is that Clive has just had a baby (well his mrs has).

Not sure if its his 1st child, but either way thats one of the few excuses that I would allow someone to be slow sorting stuff out with.

Sort it out Clive

9. Arvid Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know exactly how it is, I've become father 7 months ago. And I took this in consideration sending the courier already 5 times down for the goods and giving Clive loads of time.

10. Tommy3G Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It doesn't matter who it is 2 months is taking the piss big time.

I feel for you polish guy and you don't deserve to be messed around like that especially as you are the one that has paid up front and have organised courier.

11. Sam. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I quite agree that its taking the piss. I mean all that money on courier.

If the engine is still in the car aswell that is taking the piss. 2 months to remove an enigne is a bit of a long time and as you said he said that it had been removed.

Hopfully this will get sorted out but i feel you still will have a wait.

12. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah they just had the baby, last week? The guy purchased this engine 2 months ago . . .

13. Laughing Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

2 months on , no engine and no money thats not on

could of used this time to rectrify the problem with the buyer instead of doing this

http://www.civiclife.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61256

14. Tommy3G Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

HAHA if just read through that! He spent 11 hours on his X box 3 shitty.

That is majorly taking the piss. Clive you are a piss taker! =]

15. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

He used Arvid's money to buy a new xbox too

16. Laughing Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Exactly .......

17. kipper Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is ripping the balls tbh.

If you used paypal, a dispute would have been opened along time ago if it were me.

18. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Haven't been on here this evening, so didn't see this. Had a few problems with postage and stuff lately.

Replied via PM to Arvid with an apologie about the delay and reasoning ECT.

19. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Right peoples.. Clive has come here and responded. Let us wait for Arvid to post rather than overwhelm this thread with posts that will not help matters at all.

Thank you.

20. Arvid Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes Clive, You apologised to me, but this was three weeks ago and the situation didn't change after that. I didn't get any text msg phone or PM yeasterday nor today from You aswell. I'm still asking You when will You shipp this swap or give my money back.

http://www.civiclife.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61256

this explains a bit why You were so bussy. I can understand that somebody has to care about his new born baby and doesn;t have time but after reading that post I'm hopeless...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.