bloody proof of security...well pissed off

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by tomcyk, Saturday 5th Dec, 2009.

1. tomcyk Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

so i got insured with sky insurance,

lately they asked me to provide a proof that car is fitted with a security system, as i had stated earlier...

was told by Mary form sky to go to any garage and just aske them to check and give me a piece of paper...

nothing more difficult.... everyone is covering their ass and noone wants to do this....and local fucking honda dealer will check my alarm but in a week time, and for fucking 40 quid, "because technican will need to have a look at this"...for Christ sake this is fuckin 2 minute job

what do i do now ??

would like to fucking set that honda dealer on fucking fire !!!!

i have got : hansen "approved by honda" ... ehhhh

2. boro_andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

From when the bloke installed my cat 1 in my 180sx it took him from 10am until 3pm so i don't think its gunna be a 2 minute job to check it bud.

Yes they will cover their own arse as if they provide confirmation and the alarm turns out to be faulty, then it could come back on them. So i would say they have every right to be wary bud.

Try precision alarms in google and see if they can help in any way

3. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you only need proof of a thatcham approved security system and any thatcham fitter can write you a certificate but it will cost you a few quid

4. tomcyk Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

but i am not installing it, it is all there, just needs checking.

thanks daz, i am checking that website now :Smile:

5. boro_andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i know mate, i imagine they will need to check that all the features are active and that its all in good working order.

6. tomcyk Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

well, i think it will be easier, cheaper for me than to say to sky that i don't have any alarm...damn.....

7. Ross_D15b Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Is it an aftermarket alarm? When i got my Cat1 fitted by a mate who does all the subaru security for sigma, he gave me two thatcham certificates, one you keep and one you send off.

If they don't have that, the alarm will most probably need completely dismantled and reinstalled as your insurance will need legitamate proof that your alarm is up to the category standards; which i dare say is nearly a two day job, as to do my cat 1 with a few other add on's took about 6 hours.

8. boro_andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No it won't rough guess will be

9. tomcyk Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ross: it says it is HANSEN - approved by honda, so i would call it factory fitted,

it was there when i bought the car, got no certificates, nothing, it works though, once i gave my car to a garage and they could not get in, i had to go there myself andd unlock it...

if i need to spend 40 quid i might aswell go to honda dealer... as it is "approved...."

this whole thing sucks !!! bigfuckingtime !!!

10. jscivic Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol its not even 2 minutes all ya do is just lock it open the door with the key if it sets the alarm off it works lol

11. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So you've got a factory alarm, not a proper thatcam cat 1 alarm. You don't need to do anything, just say its factory Honda. Right?

12. Bong Guest

Yeah if its factory you just say its standard factory equipment you don't need any proof

13. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

my car has a clifford matrix 3, but as it had honda's standard immobiliser I didnt have to proove my alarm....

14. tomcyk Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

hmm, i guess will have to state that,

hope the price will not go up the roof :Frown: because then im ....ed

15. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yep as others have said just tell them non thatcham factory fitted cause you don't get insurance discounts for that anyway

16. skyinsurance Commercial Services Trader

Hi,

are we chasing a factory fitted alarm/immobiliser? If we are, we really shouldn't be. We'd only need to see proof of aftermarket security systems.

Please clarify this and PM me your full details (name, postcode and phone number). I will give you a ring.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

17. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Im sure its a misunderstanding, PM ollie he will fix it, EDIT: Just seen Ollie's reply, lol

18. tomcyk Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

thanks all for help,

Ollie,

i do not know if it was factory fitted or not :Frown: this is just how i bought it, and it worked so i never went into details,

same when asked by your rep if i had any alarm, i said yes because the car has the alarm& immobiliser,

now, today i have spoken to this lovely lady from Sky, and she checked for me in your database if it was factory or not

It turned out it was NOT, because "Civics from that year (1995) were not equipped with factory systems"

What I also heard, was that the insurer will only accept if it is cat1 or cat2,

Lets say i will go to this useless honda dealer, pay them 40exc vat and they tell me it is neither cat1 nor cat2 ... then i am done big time, because my policy will be cancelled, most likely will not see any refund and then i will go totally mad and hang myself from the tree :Frown:

Or maybe someone on here would know a place in west midlands where i could get such proof?? i really do not want to go to Honda Shrewsbury, they suck balls !!!and would rather pay someone else than them ignorant ....rds

Ollie, will pm you in a second, your help would be very much appreciated.

I still can not understand why is it so tricky to have it checked, on the other hand (JUST THINKING) what difference does it make if it gets stolen how will the insurer check what alarm i had ??