Better bulbs

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by JoeLSi, Saturday 14th Nov, 2009.

1. JoeLSi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I'm getting pretty tired of having to stare at the road when driving at night because the EG headlights are useless, has anyone tried any uprated bulbs in them? Halfords have got the BOGOF offer on super brilliance bulbs but i don't know if they're any good :Messed:

2. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The improvements that can be had from uprated halogen bulbs will be minimal but would certainly be worth trying out.

Given that aftermarket HID kits are fairly inexpensive; herein lies another alternative should you feel that uprated halogen bulbs are not providing you with the visibility that you require. 4500-6000k rated bulbs would be optimal.

3. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://www.civiclife.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48774&highlight=philips+X-Treme+power+h4

4. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just get HID's mate. they are awesome!

5. UKDM_Gurl Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wouldn't bother with the Halfords Super Brilliance Bulbs - not made much difference. I'm still looking for an alternative.

6. UKDM_Gurl Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wouldn't bother with the Halfords Super Brilliance Bulbs - not made much difference. I'm still looking for an alternative.

7. Rory C Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Who was selling the HID kits on here for

8. Rory C Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Who was selling the HID kits on here for

9. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeah no point wasting money on bulbs, may as well celotape torches to your bumper,

im going HID's when i get some spare moneys, as at the moment i get more light on the road from the lights on my dials than the headlights.

10. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeah no point wasting money on bulbs, may as well celotape torches to your bumper,

im going HID's when i get some spare moneys, as at the moment i get more light on the road from the lights on my dials than the headlights.

11. ek project Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

get HIDs they are much better had the same problem with my EK

12. ek project Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

get HIDs they are much better had the same problem with my EK

13. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i put some ''ultra-bright-xenon'' things in my EG... what a load of bull.

They just melted themselves and went dimmer than the OEM crap in 2 weeks.

Using Bosch standard things untill I run a wire tucked HID kit which I can't be arsed to do until i've got the bump/wings off mid engine-swap/wire-tuck.

hint: use LED sidelight bulbs, they make your headlights look less old and shitty and give a

slightly more modern look and color temp.

14. Rory C Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Where are going to order them from mate?

15. Rory C Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Where are going to order them from mate?

16. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

emm, i forgot the trader on here that does em,

have a look through the traders section, theyl be in there, or give it a couple hours he usually pops up when anything regarding lights it mentioned

kind of like towlie when you mention wetness

17. JoeLSi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I'm not really fussed about looking old, more about actually being able to look at this visibly in the dark! And also my passenger side sidelight holder doesn't seem to come out :Messed: it just turns

And also, i can't run around throwing

18. RoboEK Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

have you tried the extreme brilliance :Wink: there BOGOF too.

19. pickles2010 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

20. tomcyk Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

can't remember but i bought buy1 get 1 free super bright bulbs from halfords, 18 pound each i think...

damn they are good,

and believe me i wouldn't put on any of this "xenon bulbs" superd duper extra bright or whatever,

just wanted uprated bulbs and that was it....

still got them and damn,they are bright, and not blinding anyone either....

no point to go HID IMHO....just get yourself a decent set of bulbs from a good brand, and i don't mean here xenon bulbs or anything like that...