Best week ever....

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by nafanh, Sunday 29th Nov, 2009.

1. nafanh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

First of all....

I broke my nose in the gym on saturday when the bar on the bench press rolled off its supports on to my face :Grin: 50 kg on your nose isnt that fantastic tbh...

then a few days later... my mate crashed into the back of my car, he was going way to fast for the conditions and skidded into the back off me, i was completly stationary at the time. and some how he thinks its my fault for being stopped somewhere perfectly reasonable... and now is refusing to pay for the damage.... soo im in a tricky situation... Pay for the damage myself and be pissed off.... or force him to pay, or go throught his insurance :Frown: both those options leading to probably falling out with my best mate.... so now im stuck with a fuked bumper.

And now, i've just recieved 2 letters from my insurance company saying that my insurance will be going up to

2. Perry. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

3. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

at the end of the day if someone goes into the back of you 99.9% of the time its their fault

Should you not be falling out with him for crashing into your car and not admiting fault ?

4. nafanh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeeah, he got and was like

"WHY THE FUCK WERE YOU STOPPED?!?!"

his dad knows its his fault and said yeah come up and we'll sort it all out. I get there n he looks and just says " yeah i wouldn't worry about that, just say the old man who had it before reversed into something." its like, uh no im not going to sell it, i just don't want a GURT hole in my bumper THANKS! so hes just dismissed it.... i really dunno what to do.

5. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

fuck him insurance job

No mate if you ask me

6. Jared Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

that is a bad week man but gotta ask WOT car have you got to pay

7. nafanh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

a 1.4 ej9.... im 17 thats why. :Frown:

8. Jared Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

bloody hell thats alot realy are u on your own name aswell

i only payed

9. nafanh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Noo on my Dad's, its

10. Sam. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The best thing to do mate is to claim on insurance. If you end up paying for it yourself and letting him get away with it hes just going to walk all over you.

I know with my friends we have a bit of an agreement. If anything was to happen to our cars and it was the others fault then its paid for. No involving insurance ECT. I assume this goes for most sets of friends here.

I just think its the best way. I know if my mate crashed into my car id expect him to admit it and pay up. Its only fair if the accident was his fault.

11. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

time to look for a new insurer i think !!

Thats over 4k a year !!!

You must be able to get it cheaper than that

You could insure it in your own name at that

12. Jared Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^^ exactly WOT wiltz said he obviously can't be that good a friend if he won't admit it was his fault or pay up.

13. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

he can't be a mate if hes that much of a prick....i remember my brothers mate went in to the back of them when they were out having a 'spiritied drive' and my bro stopped at a junction....his mate paid in full for the new bumper and license plate :Smile:

If he won't pay, tell him your going through insurance, and if he dosent pay up, then do it....

14. Grovesy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yea like site said mate, if he was that much of a friend he would sort something out, even if hes got no money he wouldn't be a prick like that. Tell him you will go through insurance, he hit you from behind he will 99% get the blame.

And mate, change ur insurer please!!

15. nafanh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes im definatly changing my insure now that its gone up sooo much, should be sorting that out this week before my next payment :Grin:

and yeeeh,if i was the one that had gone into him i would of definatly payed as soon as i could. Even had the cheek to say just think how much its guna cost to fix mine so yours aint that bad. i was like -.o ? il have a word with him later.

16. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Christ in your dad's name?! See what RAC say. I'm paying just under

17. eca Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

im not being funny but he can't be much of a mate to start with if hes trying to blame you when he was clearly in the wrong.

insurance.

18. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

kinda same situation as i was in. but my mate said he would pay without insurance if i payed like a 5th of the price which i wasnt happy about but i wasnt to fussed. but if hes refusing then he isnt a mate really is he? so i say go through insurance

19. jdm-mike Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

shag his missus then go through the insurance, i thought i was having a bad time mate. hope its all sorted soon.