best exhaust for ep3?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by Dale_H, Monday 28th Dec, 2009.

1. Dale_H Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

whats the best exhaust for the EP3 Type-R? sound and looks cheers :Smile:

2. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mugen Twinloop, followed by Toda straight tail pipe, then Spoon N1. Best for performance and quality. Prices are expensive.

3. 689r Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Impossible to judge considering what one person thinks sounds good may sound shite to another.

IE, I think mugen twinloop sounds utterly shan.

Whats your budget?

4. Dan2020civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks and sound?? Do you want loud, quiet or in between?? Best performance or not bothered?? Style type?

I have the Mugen twinloop on my DC5, very quiet but very restrictive performance wise.

IMO Spoon exhausts look shit, sound shit and perform average for something so expensive.

For sound and performance it's got to be the Buddyclub spec 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zIQB0otLT8

Toda, Fujitsubo, J's racing and Kakimoto are all worth a look, depending on what you want to acheive.

5. Liam Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

best? depends what your after really, i' ve got a fujitsubo rm01 its fairly quite around town normal driving but up the revs sounds really good loud but not noisy just sound like a powerful note espesh with the mugen air box an is not in your face loud

6. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTSqwEfmhes

toda manifold and kakimoto exhaust

HTH

7. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Want an RM01A for mine, have only seen clips of them on DC5's on youtube tho.

You got any video footage of yours Liam?? If not, go get some :Tongue:

8. Liam Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hehe lol no don't have any the now but will try get onto that for you bud IMO they sound ace

9. Dale_H Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers for all the replys i just want a exhaust that looks good has a nice sound not too loud tho but wen you give it some you can hear it! im sort of new to all this so any help is good cheers guys

10. Liam Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

fujitsubo be good if thats what your after think they around

11. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheaper atm due to the Yen decrease 8)

12. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Or find a 2nd hand one....

13. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

TODA or Mugen Performance wise in my opinion may be wrong tho

14. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I personally agree with TANG

15. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mugen for performance? As in the Mugen Twin Loop?

16. L.Tang Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yeah PERFORMANCE wise lol. and yes the twinloop shud have mentioned that but there is only 1 mugen exhaust on the market for EP3 but there is a race spec one but you have to be registered as a racing team or something to order it directly from japan i think some1 in the UK has it on their DC5 or EP3 cnt remember may be on this forum!

17. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I have a twinloop. Yeah I seen that, rare and unique mugen exhaust!

18. Aaron@LBR Commercial Services Trader

Yes, you've read it from Lou@LBR as he fitted it to an EP3 Turbo build he was doing.

19. boost Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I've got a spoon n1 cat back on my EP3, with a (AEM c.a.i) it is fairly loud but i personally love it! I've fitted a fubizitsu, (or how eva u spell it) lol and it was quite as fuck! and the piping was smaller so i expect a bit more restrictive!

20. Dan2020civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The Mugen twinloop is not great for power, quite restrictive. Toda is a good choice though!