Banks win overdraft fees.

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Ross., Wednesday 25th Nov, 2009.

1. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Google it. Ma maw was goin to get 6k if they lost. So so so unfair.

Bastards.

2. trackcivic Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah im with lloyds TSB and they say that they will reject any claim against them!, I've put mine in last week for just under 4.5k.

time to move bank.

WANKERS!!!!

3. issie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It was on the Radio earlier. Some dude went

4. SeanEK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Shit, ill need to get rid of my overdraft lol

5. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

6. KrazyCivic_91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My girlfriend went 5p over her overdraft after she bought something and didnt realise. Natwest kept charging her and when it went to

7. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

At the risk of sounding unfair, your mum shouldve learned not to use other peoples money a lot sooner than racking up a total of 6k in charges.

I would really love it if I could find someone that could let me use their money for free, but this is the real world.

8. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

nationwide fucked me right and proper....my bank balance is -

9. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Problem is most people spend beyond their means and don't keep an eye on their bank balances and this is what makes the banks/credit card companies rich, as they keep racking up the interest.

And that's why banks can charge, although they are silly amounts, its what they value their money at!

10. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fucking LOL Ross!!! :Grin:

We had debt collectors letters for over a year over some unpaid bill, they never came round :Tongue:

11. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    I claimed mine back a couple of years ago.

12. donzo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The banks do say, "don't go over the overdraft, or you WILL be charged" It's not that hard to plan out and avoid doing this, managed to budget on a measly

13. andy-g_lfc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I went 63p over mine.. 30quid for that.. Missed a payent once.. It came out the day i got paid the bank knew this.. STill charged me 35 for it...

It angers me

14. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well my story goes...

My bank Balance was

15. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sounds like what Nationwide did to me, I was over by

16. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's not other peoples money it's the banks money. 1.5 million people in this country can't all be taking other peoples money. Take it you get free bankin aye?

Bring bank Robyn Hood!

17. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

where do you think the banks get their money? and by other people, gerry was referring to the banks btw

you've a lot to learn about the real world youngin...

i've had 2 bank charges cancelled because they were the first ones on each account...i got one the other week because i forgot which account my paypal was linked to....

18. TwistedSanity666 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They win the fees because they paid this dude so much money:

[​IMG]

19. tomcyk Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yeah i went 20 pound over, and was charged 150...there was nothing i could do....been there had a chat and that was it....nothing could be done :Frown:

is there any way i could claim it back after a year ??

fuckin wanking hsbc

20. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its fine to use an overdraft facility, just don't exceed the limit of it - with a little self-management it shouldnt be a problem.