B18C6 swap into EJ9

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by BigManTing, Tuesday 12th Mar, 2019.

1. BigManTing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Max Jersey
    Hi, I imagine this might have been brought up before, but regardless of that I have a couple of questions. So I got my hands on a full B18C6 swap (Engine, s80 box, loom, mounts, shafts, ECU, key, probably some other little bits too). What else do I need to make it work, any other mounts or harness adapters? Cheers lads
    20190217_132736.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 12th Mar, 2019
    haiduk likes this.
  2. Hondalad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    Have you got the gear linkage from the gearstick to the box?

3. BigManTing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have EJ d series ones and DC2 ones, would either of them work ?

4. Hondalad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    I'm not sure. I don't think the D series ones will work because I swapped a B16A2 into my EJ6 (D16Y7) and the D series linkage wouldn't work. The DC2 might work though.

Also you'll need a B series exhaust manifold and downpipe. I'll have a look to see if the B16 downpipe and the B18 downpipe are the same, I think they are. The throttle cable is different from a D series too and I also had to buy the throttle linkage bracket but your engine might have come with that.

5. BigManTing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It has the bracket, would a DC2 cable fit by any chance? More of a concern for me at the moment is whether the mounts fit and what pieces of wiring do I need to modify, or do I need any adaptors?

6. Hondalad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    The cable probably will fit, there's quite a bit of adjustment on it anyway but the D series one if way shorter and is routed differently that's why I had to change mine.

My rear mount and nearside engine mount was the same as my D series so I didn't have to change them. I had to buy a new mount for my offside but it was from a DC2 so if you've got the mount then they'll fit. If I remember right the DC2, EG6, EK4 and EM1 all share the same offside engine mount. Also my wiring plugged straight in but it was Civic to Civic so I'm not sure on that one.

7. BigManTing Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got a full teggy loom, but because the engine is from a 2001 car and mine is a 1998 and it's OBD2A instead of a OBD2B I'll have to get an ECU conversion jumper harness for the interior loom. One more question, I have the ECU and key, will most likely get a key transponder, does that mean I'll need the barrel or can something else be done about that ? Can I deimmobilise that ECU ?