b18c4 in ej2...question for users

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by tomcyk, Wednesday 18th Nov, 2009.

1. tomcyk Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

hi all,

i am wodering how does it perform ??

i want to do the swap, but don't want any loud exhausts,

what kind of performance can i expect ??

have you got any times maybe ?? (0-60) or 1/4mile time ??

please note if you have any other performance mods, so i know :Smile:

thanks guys

2. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i got a stock b18c4 in an eg6 with breathing mods, and it's a hella lot nicer to drive than a b16a2, lots more torque and the LSD is niceee too :Grin:

i've got a spoon n1 which sounds gorgeous in tec :Smile:

3. sean_EJ2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

do it. i love mine!

well i can keep up with my mates 96 import teg so yeah preety quick, its an excellent base engine to tune for a deacent amount

4. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

well when i had my b16a2 in my coupe i could destroy my m8 in his 182 clio with breathing mods so i assume considering the b18 is more torquey and more BHP standard then it should be fun was considering getting a bottom end myself for the new Civic.

5. civicegheth Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

are these engines easy enough to change over,i have a 1.5 lsi and wanting to drop the b18c4 into it,what components wud i need to go with it,ie ECU,transponder etc?

6. Dan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Dan Oldbury
    I had one in my stripped EJ2, ran a 14.5 at pod with it.

That was with a light flywheel, full exhaust and a cock intake.

It drops in nice and easy, the hardest part is the wiring, i had my wiring done for me, so i have no clue how its done

7. b18coupe Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i have a b18c4 in my EJ2 n its goin on the dyno on the 2nd weekend of jan but mine will have a remaped P30 ECU, B16 head, stage 2 comp cams, springs n retainers n if all goes well it will b on ITBs wid uprated fuel pump, 1/2inch fuel rail n a fuel regulator so i will let u no how it goes n if the money was worth spendin if u want m8

8. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

doing same thing but in a stripped EG b18 bottom and b16 head but puttin a fair amount of money in bottom end and head piston's cam's management etc.. Goin for a high comp NA build. What kind of power could it make i know in my head what i'm hopin for but just wanna know cause think few people done it on here before cheers