b18c code 41

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by Jonnay, Wednesday 16th Dec, 2009.

1. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hi all, wonder if anyone can help, we've put a b18c-r into a friends eg6, and it's throwing a code 41, heated o2 sensor. now, we've tried 2 different sensors, and they still give the same code.. any ideas? its running an ob1 interior loom with conversion harness to run the teg (p72?) obd2 ECU and has the teg engine loom.

also, the knock sensor isn't connected as far as we know but it doesnt seem to be throwing codes? Anyone have any idea if it'll cause us a problem if we leave it disconnected or will it need connecting?

Thanks in advance :Smile:

Jon

2. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

is it a 4 wire o2 sensor you are using ?

3. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i believe so, at the moment he has an ek4 one in there, but it has also run the stock ITR one and we believe threw the same code.

4. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

is an obd1 not a 1 wire a standard ?

If so then the obd1 interior loom will only have one wire

you would need to wire in the rest

5. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

fairly sure obd1 uses 4 wire? when i did a d16z6 swap into my lsi i went from a 1 wire to 4 wire and that was obd0 to obd1

6. stone119 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The 4 wire type is a Heated Type o2 sensor ( Hence why the code mentions heated ). does it put code on all the time or just on cold start up ?

7. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i'm not sure, tbh it seemed to come on when it had warmed a little? the engine hadn't been run for 12 months and last time it was started it was A-OK. if it's the heated element should the CEL go out when the engine/exhaust system warms up ? Think I'll tell him to put the ITR O2 sensor back in, and give that a try again, after the code's been cleared off the eprom..

any ideas about knock sensor ? i'm half wondering if the code is related as i've been told that the knock wiring runs off the same block as the o2.

also.. do b18cs have a cat sensor? :Messed:

8. stone119 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

don't think uk engines have the knock sensor , seem to remember it puts code 22 in.

thats what happened when we put B18c engine in a uk EG6 , have to put a wire in the loom.

9. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ah right, thats what i thought, 'cos we've got the take off wire on the conversion harness. Is it a single wire sensor? green 'un above the oil pressure switch near the head IIRC ?

10. stone119 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thats right , should be already in the engine loom if it is from a Integra

11. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah, so we can splice into it at the turret top where the engine loom meets interior loom i guess.. will just take a pin out or see which one's been spliced on my own EG i guess :Smile: Thanks for the advice mate been a big help! :Smile:

12. r883 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

or just run it directly from your ECU

Just splice into the conversion harness

13. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah thinking of extending the wire on the conversion harness to the engine loom, seems easiest way to do it?

14. stone119 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thats what we did into loom at strut top

15. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

right well the code 41 has randomly fixed itself, but now we have a code 20, the ELD.. if irc, this isn't really important? I personally think it has something to do with the fact his battery is so dead he doesn't even bother connecting it any more (its out of MOT/tax atm so only moves in and out the workshop)

runs ok and it has VTEC but its randomly coming in at about 6k on the EG clocks?! any ideas?

16. stone119 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

clocks a bit out ? what it rev round to on them ? , Any photos of car ? sounds a beast

17. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i think they might just be out a bit because it really is running spot on atm, pulls real strong!

its the one on the left, mines the blue one :Smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but with a mugen style front lip now :Smile:

its spoonyb18c's on here, he posts now and again :Smile: