Engine & Gearbox b18 lsd in ee9

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by nasa11, Tuesday 10th Nov, 2009.

1. nasa11 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have ee9 , and gear box cruncing in 3rd n 4th in high revz , wanted to know will a b18c4 LSD gear box fit on ??

2. Dan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Dan Oldbury
    As far as im aware, the gearbox will match the engine, but the box WILL NOT fit OEM to the car as it mounts differently...

They also run different clutch setups, So its a big No it won't fit from me :Smile:

3. Momin Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Leeds
    The EE9 has a cable clutch set up wheras the MB6 gearbox is hydraulic. Will need to be modified to fit the C4 box (Cable to hydro converter and a custom gearbox mount). You'l be better of getting a new Y2 box, the gear ratios from the S9B arnt really suited to a B16, they are quite long.

4. Tahir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Momin pretty much covered it all there.

5. nasa11 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for that helped a lot

6. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Tbh it is worth the effort converting to a Y21 or S80 gearbox

7. Tahir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Agreed captain slow, I converted from a cable y1 to a 4.7 FD'd s80 and its a world of a difference, ok i put the b18c in too but the gearbox is awesome.

Not so much the y21 though.

8. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well the Y21 is the cheap option, obviously the S80 is much better but you could swap to the Y21 on a budget and still feel a great improvement

9. Tahir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Out of interest, why is the Y21 a great improvement over say a Y1?

10. amer Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

y21 for a 4.4 final drive,

and i think y1s got 4.1 or 4.2 which again is preety similar to s9b (c4) gearbox,

and my opinion if your are going for hydro conversion, get s80 with 4.4 finaldrive which came on 96/97 spec itrs, i like 4.7 but i prefer 4.4 don't really know why but i do lol

11. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

for the Y1 - It has a 4.266 FD gear and each gear is individually longer than any Y21/S80

12. nasa11 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Always learing some thing new on here ,, great stuff guys