Engine & Gearbox B18 Engines - Which is the cheapest?

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by onejdmcivic1984, Monday 28th Dec, 2009.

1. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hello,

Im thinking of installing a new engine in the summer and want to start saving and acquiring parts for it bit by bit. What im going to do is save for the powerplant and gearbox itself so hoping to get that in the summer but what other parts would I need to complete the conversion?

Also bearing in mind other mechanical/electrical parts.

If anyoe can just give me a list for the B18 swap or does it take into consideration the actual TYPE of B18?

If anyone has any parts for sale let me know! Cheaper the better!

:Wink:

2. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

b18c4 will be the cheapest out of the mb6

3. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

whats it going in. As a b18into a b16 car needs alot less parts than one going into a dseries car.

4. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It will be going in a EJ9 lol

Its going to be tough work but I wanna feel VTEC and my D Series motor is passing 105K and its feeling a asthamatic :Frown:

5. stuarty7 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i say go for a b18c out of an DC2 import best gains but then is around twice the price of a b18c4 from a mb6 which i think are s..t have one for around 6 weeks and hated it and if you want to fell VTEC u won't in a b18c4

6. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

cheapest is not always the best way to do things :Tongue:

7. stuarty7 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i found the b18c4 very lazy my vti Civic and my sisters vti Del Sol left it for dead and it was decide car but depending on what your budget is will depend what road you take

8. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Whats the best engine to 'feel' VTEC cos thats what i would like. It would have to be DOHC CAM and not the economy VTEC or SOHC lol

I want something that is capable of 200bhp - that is after n/a increases or Force Induction

Kai

9. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I wanted B16 initiallly but some people said theyre slow compared to other cars with a 1.6 - Force Induction is a luxury rather than a commodity :Smile:

10. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if you go for am mb6engine you have to get creative as the ECU is immobilised. So is scrap, your gonna need a chipped p30or p28 with a c4 basemap. And a conversion harness to run it. What ever b you go for you will need bseries, EK engine mounts, bseries driveshafts, bseries shifter rods, bseries rad hoses. A ek4 loom, or somewiring knowledge to add VTEC, knock sensor, extra o2 sensor wires. Best to get a engine that match's your obd, will make things easier.

11. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Your looking at what? About

12. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A B18C - but fucking paying the premium for one!

You could just run new cams, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and ECU and of course a good gearbox on a C4, and totally see most engines for dead. They produce more torque for a start!

13. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

OK what do people think of the B16? I know u can get Vtis but I wanna keep my Civic and cnt be arsed buying either a Civic Vti that is done up by someone else or a standard Vti where I got to buy all the upgrades again :/

My EJ9 is upgraded chassis wise and exhaust system too

14. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Is a Integra Type-R really better than a Civic Type-R? I like the DC2 but import ones are the best looking rather than the UK spec ones

15. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd only ever bother with a B16A.

16. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

oh Bon do you still wanna buy the Vibrant off me? I need to know before hand so I kno who to PM :Grin:

17. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Why are you taking your OWN thread offtopic? :Tongue:

18. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

19. .ku Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

c4 best bang for buck

Type-R motor is nice

20. onejdmcivic1984 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Im not made out of money lol

I only have