Engine & Gearbox b16 dizzy

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by boris, Friday 20th Nov, 2009.

1. boris Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi i have a 1990 CR-X b16a2 engine i have swaped it into my EG it turns over and and gets fuel uto the fuel rail and out the fpr back to the tank but won't go through the injectors but theres a fault code 8 (tdc) pops up now i had to wire different plugs on to it so it would work i get a spark would this be the problem for it not starting as the tdc is regiterd throught the dizzy if that makes sense would realy be gratefull for the help cheers oh and it starts if you spray fuel throught the TB into the inletmani

2. alcarp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

fault code 8 (TDC) - Is your timing correct? Timing mark on crankshaft pulley matching the block and cam pulleys etc?

3. boris Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeh mate and it starts if you run it by spraying fuel in the intke but would it make a diferance if im trying to make a obd0 dizzy into a obd1

4. alcarp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would imagine so for the dizzy, but not certain about this, maybe someone else could have some input?

5. carlsberg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yes it can do. get a b16a2 dizzy from an obd1 engine. you don't have a b16a2 out of a CR-X, they are b16a1's and they are odb0

it probably isnt lined up either, especially if your getting tdc CEL's

6. boris Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thasnkas guyas you hasve been as hudge help cheers