Engine & Gearbox Average Fuel Consumption

Discussion in 'Honda F/H-Series' started by Ichiban, Wednesday 9th Nov, 2011.

1. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mind you the Accord really is a comfy car, well mine is compared to the last one ( A lowered Astra) Cruise just makes it effortless.
    @DeviateDefiant you sound alot like me, except for the ciggie.

2. DeviateDefiant Managing Director H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Leo Corby
    I just need that quick refresher, my mind's daydreaming, my bum's hot and I need a stretch :Laughing:

3. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley
    I used to be the same, had to stop for a ciggie every 100 miles but I gave up just over a year ago :Smile:

4. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah I clocked you in a matter of seconds we have another @DeviateDefiant :Wink:

5. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats bad, the daydreaming bit, I always find the other idiots on the road keep me alert even with cruise on. Though I admit I do like to have a proper cuppa coffee in the car, be it Costa or Starbucks.

Good on you @Superman001, its a filthy habbit, I keep trying to get me family to give up, but they won't, they would save a packet as well. I bet you feel better for it though eh?

6. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

There's no one like me, since quitting smoking I'm a driving machine. I once drove the whole 500 miles without a break just to see if I could :Smile:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  7. DeviateDefiant Managing Director H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Leo Corby
    Good on you man, that's a bridge I've got to cross sooner rather than later.

It's not so much daydreaming that my concentration isn't as sharp, if someone around me does something, I've had a snap reaction before I can comprehend it, but I know that I need a quick "vitalise" before being back to my peak.

8. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes do feel better for it and save about 200 a month.

Harvey likes this.
  9. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

but what you save, you spend in fuel

10. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well now I've got 2 Accords, im Ok with spending most of what I save through not smoking as it's benefiting my health.

Harvey likes this.
  11. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was lucky, I guess, I had two parents that smoked, yet I never took up smoking myself.

SpeedyGee and Superman001 like this.
  12. demian Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've reached as low as 6,7 l/100 km on summer holiday trips in optimal circumstances, while 8,6 seems to be as high as it'll go during winter. And it's an automatic.

13. Kash Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Kash Nelson
    I used to have an Accord Type-R and used to average 28mpg on average in mixed driving on super. I think the most I ever got out of a tank was 430 miles all motorway driving, but my God was it boring!

DeviateDefiant and Harvey like this.
  14. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Motorway miles are. I did 450 miles in my other halves mitisbishi eclipse a few years ago, Iowa to Kentucky and that's that most bored I've ever been in a car. Until it got dark.... driving a left hooker on the right, with big American trucks passing you in the dark is not fun.

15. DeviateDefiant Managing Director H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Leo Corby
    My ATR for some reason is marginally better on fuel than my CL9.

16. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    Cause it's slow !! :bleh:

17. DeviateDefiant Managing Director H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Leo Corby
    Aha, it's no slouch to be sure - but it's definitely the slower or the two these days :Laughing:

18. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just done 371 ish miles to £50 ish in petrol. Both times filled up at shell and BP so good fuel. Fuel was 102.9 and 100.9.

Worked out on average at about 34.4mpg. Some of which was spent on motorways and some bumbling around town.

19. K24CL9Guy Warehouse Manager H-Tune Staff

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    I usually get between 260 - 300 miles out of a full tank which is £65 of Shell V Power. I always fill up using V Power but once they had none so filled up with standard unleaded and found I got alot less miles out of it. Next time you fill up try using it and see how that makes a difference to the miles you get as I use nothing else.

Harvey likes this.
  20. Chunkylover53 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Don't know how you do it, my best is 33mpg and that was 90% motorway with Esso premium!

Harvey likes this.