Avenged Sevenfold - Hail To The King

Discussion in 'Music Section' started by Stu., Wednesday 24th Jul, 2013.

1. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We seem to be a minority on here, but I know a few other members are into rock/metal, so what's your thoughts on this?

I'm really looking forward to the album if this song is anything to go by, I've been listening to it more and more. It sounds to me like Metallica and Maiden had a baby :Grin:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/iU9YM1Lfvt8?feature=oembed

2. Ryan. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Used to love these, havent really listened to them since the self totled album. Beast and the harlot is a legendary song! I like this new one mind, see what you mean certainly about the maiden sort of aspects to it. When's the new album out?

3. FN2dan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not heard any of their new stuff but did see them at leeds fest a few years ago and thought they were pretty cool. Maiden are the fucking bomb though so if they sound anything like them then I'm all over this :Smile:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well the video says August 27th but Amazon, iTunes etc all list it as the 26th Ryan.

Dan you must've seen them the day before I was meant to! I think they played Leeds in '08 or '09 but pulled out of Reading the next day :Frown:

5. Jord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Wasn't sure about the new song when I first heard it, just listened to it again and it's growing on me. 

Can't wait for the album regardless though, it's been far too long! 

6. FN2dan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah 08 sounds about right, still got my wristband on from then (and other years) because I'm just that cool :Tongue: Didn't realise they pulled out of playing Reading though, that's pretty sucky.

7. R1PPU Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Dunno what to make of that tbh haha.

It's good, don't get me wrong! Really different from anything they've done before though. Seems a bit simplistic compared to their previous albums?

8. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah they've gone for a more classic metal sound on this one, influenced by Maiden, Metallica, Sabbath, Zeppelin etc.

That might be disappointing to fans of their older stuff but it's right up my street :Smile:

9. R1PPU Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah for sure.

I enjoyed the old stuff, but I think i'll need to give this a few more listens before I can make up my mind on it!

Its one of those things, I know i'd really like it if it was by someone else haha. Same thing happened with the last Muse album! Great album, if it wasn't by Muse/I hadn't heard their older stuff. Maybe I'm just a douche haha.

10. RandomDan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

AX7 have been a bit hit and miss i think.

The first album or two was good then there was shitty of evil which was wank!

The Live at the LBC album was real good (not actually live)

Then nightmare was half good but its trailed off and the second half was crap!

I like this song though so we may be in for a decent album which im sure Jenni will be pleased about xD

11. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    I Loved waking the fallen, that album I've listened to sooo many times!! i saw tehm live but the lead singer had to keep going off because of his throat which was annoying, but their Support act was fucking brilliant - bullets & Octaine 

12. Pneuma Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Never got into these guys, even when they started i found it a tad cheesy.

13. Loplop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Never been into Avenged to be honest, should be right up my alley considering what else I'm into an all.

14. Jord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆