Engine & Gearbox Automatic Transmission indicator

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Newtom, Tuesday 30th Apr, 2019.

1. Newtom New Member Getting Started

Czech Republic Tomas Ostrava
    Since last winter I have a problem with D indicator on my 2.4 2006 Tourer. It lights up after turning key to 2nd position with other indicators, and after start the engine and move knob to D position, the D-indicator starts to flash randomly, or stops light completely. Other Indicators (P,R,N,M,D3) works properly except gear number which flashes the same as D-indicator. During this flashing is not possible to change gear manually. But after approx. 15km it starts work normally. I was in Honda service and everything is OK.
    Has anyone idea what can be wrong? Tom

2. LostBoke Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Phil Pill
    Hi Tom and welcome.
    That's a new one on me, but be assured there are plenty of knowledgeable people on here who will soon zoom to your assistance.

I must say that I've never used the manual gear change, I'm not overly lazy (Hmmm!), but the box seems to always be in the gear I need

LB.

3. Newtom New Member Getting Started

Hi, I also use manual shifting rarely but sometimes i want to use my Honda like proper Hondaaa :Devil:.
    Honestly i prefer manual gearbox in Hondas because they are so perfect but present car we had to chose with AT due to daily using by my wife :Wink:.

4. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
  5. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

Hey there,

Generally speaking that's the gearbox's own management telling the ECU that there's a fault with the gearbox. It can be as simple as a pressure switch or low ATF, but you never know until you've had the code read.

Should you need any parts that aren't listed on the H-Tune.co.uk website, drop us an email to sales@h-tune.co.uk with your UK Registration plate or full VIN number and we'll see if we can source what you need for a great price.

Regards. :Smile:

6. Newtom New Member Getting Started

Thanks for replies. I´ve been already at Honda service on diagnostics and result is no fault code. The Gearbox itself works good. Problem is with indicator D generally. It doesnť flash regularly like in case there is some problem with gearbox but randomly and sometimes even doesn´t light at all. But gearbox works good. It seems like electrical problem with some switch which senses or reads the position of shift. Donť know if there is some switch at gear knob or somewhere else which is responsible for it. Maybe it can be cold joint, but where? The idea of people in our local Honda service is cold joint in dashboard. But it´s only their hypothesis.

7. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

That's entirely plausible, in which case (assuming you can live with it), you could probably leave it at that, just bear in mind that it probably won't flash properly when you actually have a fault.