Auto Trader

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by Relentless, Saturday 7th Nov, 2009.

1. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The new web site is wank, the old one worked perfectly and the new one just sits there doing nothing, people pay to have their adverts on the site and you can't even see them!

Most of the time when you press "update results" it just sits there and does nothing, so you spent all that time filling in the search criteria for nothing, how can they be so thick to leave a site up that doesnt work properly!?

2. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

I didnt realise it had changed, so thought I'd go and take a look. I waited a couple of minutes for it to load after clicking "buy" and it still hadnt loaded. I won't be using it for a while

Form over function doesnt work with websites!

3. Vtec Accord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Totally agree Bong it is total poo.

Why do people have to change things that work perfectly fine?

Anyway Bong I thought you had shares in Autotrader the amount of buying and selling of cars that you do he he.

:Smile:

4. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I sent them a nasty email, must be getting old if I can be arsed to complain!

Yeah you would think they would give my IP address prioity!

How you come you're on here then? Thinking of getting a Civic?

5. blitz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah i thought that bong its utter shite, pistonheads ftw

6. stickerdude Commercial Services Trader

My brother uses Auto Trader often and noticed this problem too. He also sent them a nasty email but they didnt seem to care.

7. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I didnt get a reply either and I sent it yesterday morning

8. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

agreed, its totally put me off using it.

9. Shaggy EK4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yup was on there browsing the other week its effin shite!

10. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just got a reply, obviously this guy didnt read my email properly and has totally ignored the issue

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your email.

Firstly, thank you for approaching me with your feedback.

From reading your email, I really appreciate how you have taken the time to inform me of your experience using our website and I understand that there are issues you would like to be addressed on your behalf.

The new website has been built with a specific aim to keep the processes of searching and placing an advert simple and user-friendly.

With this in mind, as you feel there is a particular area where you believe there to be room for improvement with the new website, particularly with the speed and with the search critera, I will be more than happy to forward on these to our technical and design departments for their attention.

I am aware of noted issues with the speed, which since the first day of launch our design teams have drastically improved its overall speed and performance.

I am confident that in the very near future your issues will be addressed and you will be able to continue using our fantastic new site and services.

In the meantime, I would like to wish you every success for the future.

Please do not hesitate to get back to me if I can help you further.

11. Vtec Accord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep things have changed my end so I know longer need four doors or a car to do family duties. I want to get a dedicated track car and the running costs of a Civic is pretty appealing. Plus I love the big H.

I've currently got an RX8 which is up for sale and once that has shifted I'm going to spend upto around

12. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cool what do you think of the RX8? Is it as bad on fuel and as unreliable as they say!? I've always liked the look of them and i'm the opposite to you at the mo i'm seriously bored of Honda

13. Vtec Accord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The RX8 is a great car and doesn't (well mine doesn't) drink excessive amounts of oil but the MPG isn't that great.

All the power is right at the top of the rev range but you'd be used to that anyway. Its feels really slow to me ( i have the 192hp version) but i'm coming off the back of two previous cars which ran in excess of 300hp and 300lbs torque.

You have to always let the car warm up before turning it off, there is a procedure to follow if you turn it off when its not warmed up. Failure to do either of these two things will result in the engine flooding. Then there are a set of 3 procedures to follow if this happens and one of the 3 should rectify it.

Apart from that a great car. 7.5/10 i'd give it.

14. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cool, was shocked to see how much they are going for at the moment

15. Vtec Accord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The price for them has really come down and you get a lot of toys/car for the money.

I took this in as a part x against my Impreza so haven't had it very long.

16. Vtec Accord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

2 more posts and I will put an add up in the for sale section

17. nafanh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I hated the new AutoTrader when i was finding my car. Also people that leave there car on the website for weeks and weeks nd don't take it off even thou it is sold....

the amount of time i wasted calling people who already sold the car!!!

18. scottboy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

19. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★