Engine & Gearbox ARC induction kit for B16

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by Nabeel, Thursday 5th Nov, 2009.

1. Nabeel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi all, im going to buy one of these tomorrow,but they are quite pricey and was wondering what my alternatives are and also what gains (if any) il get?

2. jscivic Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

anything with a chamber on it mate, i think theyre designed mostly for throttle response but i could be wrong :Smile:

3. Nabeel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for replying, i looked at the ARC and the "whale penis" i think its known as, not sure which one to get

4. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had an arc and couldn't fault it, I used a standard b16 intake pipe onto the box, didn't make massive amounts of noise but gave good throttle response. You would struggle to make a cold air feed for it due to it being upward facing unlike the whale cock

5. Nabeel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ARC it is then, i don't want a cold air feed and i didnt want it to make any noise, I've got a spoon n1 and i hate it cos its too loud...lol..thanks mate.....any idea of a rough price, second hand,its the full kit with its own intake pipe

6. wanstar Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

whale cocks suffer badly from heat soak as do all short arm intakes either mod the original airbox into a cold air feed etc good rightup about doing this on some american website(also what i'm doing now after removing my aem v2) or buy i cold air long arm kit like the aem v2. most of the time with short arm kits you'll find you'll loose power. arc kit is a gd bit of kit again tho don't know how they suffer from heat soak.

7. Nabeel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for the advice guys think im going to get the arc,like what im hearing about it

8. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I sold my arc box alone for

9. wanstar Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah about 150 for the complete thing second hand.

10. Nabeel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There is a guy on mcr VTEC selling one for 200,what do you guys reckon, it seems to be in good nick?

11. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

CAI... nuff said.

12. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

13. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Go for it mate

14. Nabeel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers mate, i think its a decent price anyway

15. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah mate, your car and cash, I will say I prefer them with the OEM supply pipe rather than the arc 1's

16. Nabeel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

il try both pipes when i get it,see which one looks better in the bay

17. d15power Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

either that or standard airbox, itg panel filter, quiet and good performance, I put an airbox on mine as the car came with a hks mushroom and it definately drives better with airbox

18. Nabeel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for all the replys