Anyone know anything about this Type-R? (Ebay link inside)

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Ashley g, Monday 28th Dec, 2009.

1. Ashley g Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just found this on Ebay, and was thinking of putting an offer in as its less than an hour away from Me. Seems pretty well priced, but was after some opinions on here?

My 2nd Generation VR6 golf is now in the garage awaiting repairs (when I can find the time to start them!!) and I need a decent car for the winter.

So what do you reckon? I've sent the seller a question as He's listed it as supercharged??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-Civic-TYPE-R-04-REG-Super-chipped-285-bhp_W0QQitemZ170424893853QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item27ae1d819d

2. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

tbh i wouldn't touch it with a barge pole without looking at it first, from what i can see it doesn't look like it's running a supercharger as it has the standard inlet manifold. the other option is that it might have a rotrex charger fitted, in which case you'd probably be looking at at least another 2k on the asking price. looks really suspiscious and personally i would leave it well alone when you looking at forking almost 6 k on a car. plus the guy sounds like he has no idea what hes talking about, if someone had built a car to that spec then they would list everything that would have been done to it plus have receipts for the work carried out. seeing the ad says super chipped means this guy hasn't got a clue. 9 time out of 10 EP3's are mapped on hondata which is more commonly known as k-pro, or would have a stand alone ECU like an aem one or mugen etc. remember what they say, if it looks too good to be true then it normally is. my personal opinion would be to stay well clear.

3. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

some things are just too good to be true!

4. ju5t1n-h Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

. great advise there. take note

5. Ashley g Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply's! Even if it hasn't got a supercharger, and maybe He knows eff all about cars, it still seems like a pretty good buy doesn't it?

If I sent an offer and I get there and it's not as described I don't have to buy it anyway? It's HPI clear too.

6. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Try before you buy of corse, check everything all over too EG. The car inside, ouisde and documents etc... not happy, just walk away.

7. ID-Workz Commercial Services Trader

I say it's well worth a visit to check it out.

8. Ashley g Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is the reply I got from the seller!!!!!!! Oh dear!!!!!!!

there come supercharged, not hpi clear as had rear

end damage repaired good. i had it for 3 mouths i

what a audi q7. thank you

- devilsturbo

9. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Haha, I would leave it, at least he's honest on not hpi clear having rear damage.

10. Porker New Member Getting Started

Ad written by an absolute tard. Obviously has no clue about the car at all.

Saying they come supercharged? What? And it has 285bhp. Mong.

And it's been written off. Fucking A.

11. IV-TEC Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Looks pretty standard to me apart from an induction kit and exhaust backbox.

DO NOT TOUCH!

:lol:

12. Lex. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I hope you enlighted him on the supercharger front. :rofl:

13. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

ahate to say it but..............I TOLD YOU SO! lol sorry couldn't resist. i know whats it like though when you find something you want, it becomes so easy to miss the minor details and ignore things that would be putting you off buying it normally. make him an offer of 2 grand just to piss him off lol. people like that should be put down IMO!

14. FireDance New Member Getting Started

it now says super chipped

but even super chipped can't get it to 285bhp!!!!