Anybody lend a hand...

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Styles, Wednesday 11th Nov, 2009.

1. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys.. n gals

Had some maassive problems with the new car.. Been to the garage, amd they've managed to fix a few so at least it's running atm...

But.. i was wondering if there is anyone willing to lend a hand in the west sussex/hampshire area.. with a garage or good knowledge of Civics and what needs to be done for MOT.

The car is way too low for my local garage's ramp so haven't had a chance to look underneath and i am clueless about cars.

cheers

alex

2. bognorcivic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

whats up with the car roughly? im not in bognor anymore but know peeps there with workshops etc mite be able to get u in one, may have seen your car around, what you got? (just realised im gna be loggin off in a sec til 2mrw nite so reply quick lol)

3. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

my car is too low for my local garages ramp - but they just put a couple of blocks of wood down when they get under it... ask your garage to do the same

4. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's the thing not entiiiirely too sure... Tjhe guy at the garage before mentioned :

fuel lines have been tapped into before so need replacing (had nitrous apparently before :Messed:)

something about the clutch, feels fine but..

Something about the suspension...

the exhaust hangs waay too low in the middle so occasionally just scrapes for no reason...

rear floor pans need welding??

i have no idea what/how to do any of these things or what any of the problems are... so any help is appreciated lol

5. jdmek4sir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just out of interest what car is it? please don't tell me its a white j reg esi?!

6. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

haha yes... yes it is... why's that?

7. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im always happy to lend a hand to fellow users fixing things, but im unable to get down to you :Frown:

8. Sam. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not sure why they would fail it on the clutch? Didn't even think it was tested on a MOT.

Mine went through and lets just say that pretty much didnt HAVE a clutch.

9. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Where abouts in horsham are you sean?

It's now booked in at a garage with a low lift ramp so they can tell me exactly what needs to be done part for part...

10. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im like 5 mins from town by smith n western.

11. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sweet, well if and when they find out wasssup with it.. would youu lend a hand if i can source some parts eventually? lol

12. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yuhuh coure i can, im sure shawthing001 will pop down too

13. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

perfect.. cheers guys.. will send you a lil pm when i figure it all out tommorrow :Grin:

14. bognorcivic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ill be around to help too if you need it

15. jdmek4sir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

was the reg j976 ***?

16. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

17. jdmek4sir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

that was my first car about 3 years ago and was fucked when i bought it and was very very rotten, both arches were full of filler, brake lines were shagged, springs were cut but i belive replaced by the guy who bought it off me and loads of bushes and drop links were knackered. There was a thread not so long ago about the very same car in which i warned them of it, sorry to be the bearer of bad news dude :Frown:

18. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NA that's cool mate, cheers for letting me know..

I've discovered the heap that it is.. and hopefully will find out everything i need to get it done lol and restore the shitter to something respectable lol

19. jdmek4sir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im sure it won't take much to get it back mate and theres alway plenty of people willing to lend a hand, only thing i can say about the car is that it was rapid for an esi use to keep up with a vti all day long :Grin:

20. Styles Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know.. it's seriously quick.. i'm still unsure of what's been done to it.. i found an old nos bottle holder in the boot and the fuel line has been tapped into...