Any Alexisonfire fans?

Discussion in 'Music Section' started by RJF, Tuesday 4th Dec, 2012.

1. RJF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I went to see them last night at Brixton Academy for their Farewell Tour. They were absolutely incredible!

I didn't realise until we got there that we had seated tickets, but it was still awesome. Got a few videos too, so thought I'd share, enjoy;

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rc5OxuOLl8k?feature=oembed

2. RandomDan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Im a fan but iv not heard much of there stuff just accident and crisis (the albums) :Tongue:

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 4th Dec, 2012
  3. Pneuma Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I bet everyone lost their minds as soon as Dallas Green opened his mouth.

4. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am so gutted i never saw them. I had 3 opportunities to see them at reading festival.

I havent listened to anything recent really. Only crisis and before

5. jackgardner Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeah man they are/were awesome! gutted i couldn't see em on this tour, god damn work!!

6. PinTama Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

One of my favourite bands, but I never got to see them... So disappointed that I'll never get a chance to in the future!

Glad it was good though, everyone I know said it was an amazing send off for them.

7. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I went to see them on the 03rd as I bought the Mrs tickets for Christmas, I'm not an Alexis fan myself but looked like it would have been great if you were a big fan! Plus she came to see converge with me so it was only fair.... haha

Was right in the middle though and the atmosphere was great!, Shame the Brixton academy sound is so bad. I Appreciate all music even when I don't know it, As long as i can hear whats going on, which unfortunately I couldn't! (apart from the clean singing dallas bits that are very recognizable) lol

8. RJF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Totally did, second time I've seen him live and wow!

Converge are awesome, would love to see them live!

I know what you mean about the sound, we were upstairs so it was slightly better. I know from previous gigs that it's pretty awful though..

9. Mattharvey12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Converge's music scares me but there so awesome!

10. Mr Scott Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Far to much shouting for me just sounds like a noise !!

probably sounds better on cd like most bands these days :Frown:

11. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Converge were awesome live! And yeah i bet it sounded better upstairs, But the Mrs had a good time (apart from ripping her handbag strap and some bitch ripping her dress) which is all that mattered to me! haha

yeah I've also heard bad things about brixton's sound, and that just set it in stone for me, Alot of the academy's sounds pretty poor in my experience (or have shit sound guys) haha apart from Bristol. Bristol is awesome!

saw The Dillinger Escape Plan in birmingham Academy 2 then 3 days later at Bristol and Bristol just sounded amazing in comparison :Smile:

12. RapeyMcRaperton Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I went on the 4th for their final night. I was standing though :Grin:

me and my mate had seating tickets, i got drunk in the queue and managed to persuade one of the ticket touts to part exchange our 3 seated tickets and a little money, for 2 standing.

absolutely amazing night. we were pretty near the front. 3 people back from the barrier. I was in the pits most of it.

second time id seen them live. both times have been incredible.

13. phil182 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yes!!!!!! Went to watch them a brixton too, im a massive ghost of a thousand fan too so it was a awesome gig ha

14. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

serious man crush of mine is dallas green, loved everything hes ever done such as 'city & colour' truly unbelievable voice and his piano version of happiness by the kilowatt...................just wow!

15. knightmaric Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I saw them back in 2006 as part of the Taste Of Chaos tour and they were amazing. Definitely one of the better bands i've had the pleasure of seeing.

16. Tobiasnugent Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i had a ticket for this but couldn't go so i had to sell it iv seen them live about 9 times and seen city and colour 4 times