Alternator and car remap query?

Discussion in 'Honda N-Series' started by ibrardad, Wednesday 21st Aug, 2019.

1. ibrardad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ibby Accrington
    Hey guys

I've just replaced my alternator on my 2.2 diesel FR-V and seemed to have lost around 4/5 MPG? I had the car remapped to 177 BHP to improve power and fuel effieceny but after the alternator was replaced I filled up a full tank and lost some MPG not sure if it's reset the ECU back to what it was before etc has this happened to anyone before or a common thing?

Many Thanks

Ibrar

2. MattBeardless Service Team H-Tune Staff

That could be down to a whole number of things, not just the alternator with that kind of margin of difference. Check your tyres pressures etc.

ibrardad likes this.
  3. ibrardad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ibby Accrington
    thanks Matt didn't think of that will have a nosy tonight, i did inflate them before i set off so didn't cross my mind....just seemed a big difference in MPG

4. MattBeardless Service Team H-Tune Staff

I've noticed a few things causing decreased MPG, including questionable alignment (not done since the car was lowered as I still need to buy the arms to correct the rear end). Maybe the alignment has been knocked out by a pothole? :Smile:

5. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Lot's of things can mess with MPG's... even ambient temps... the type of driving you are doing... perhaps being a little heavier on the throttle that last time... and as others mentioned, tyre pressures, service intervals... Using the AC alone can shave up to 10-12% off... and it's been AC weather recently.

MattBeardless likes this.
  6. MattBeardless Service Team H-Tune Staff

Probably the only reason I'm glad my AC doesn't work... :gotcha: