Civic/5th Gen Alltime's EJ2 build-up

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Tom1989, Tuesday 10th Nov, 2009.

1. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

To start the car is a 180,000 mile EJ2 Civic coupe in Aztec green. I bought it of Stu (ejstu) here on the forum. When i got it it was a good runner but had failed its MOT and the modifications were a bit fast and the furious, but thats all going to change.

The plan for the car is to build a fast show-er as Jason Day puts it. There is going to be quite a few unique modifications to this car to make it different, wheels a tires to think of one, but i won't tell until i start bolting stuff together.

This is how i got the car, complete with very peely carbon bonnet and lex-arse light (they have now been throughly smashed, pictures to follow)

DSC00011.

DSC00010.

DSC00090.

DSC00089.

DSC00091.

DSC00093.

Overall she wasn't in that bad condition and i was happy with my purchase. A soon as i got it home i swapped the carbon bonnet to a standard bonnet and took the spoiler off. Then i sold the 17's and fitted my spare wheels until my new wheels and brakes arrive (there not 'teg wheels before anyone suggests anything, something much different)

Then i got stuck into my first job, tucking the engine bay. The car is going to be running a B16a from an SIR2 so the obd1 loom from the coupe is going to be fine with that so i got stuck in. At the time of writing I have finished the headlight looms and i am waiting for a free day to finish the engine loom, its all stripped down I just have to route it under the heater matrix and re-wrap it. So here a few pics of the car mid tuck. Photo0382.

Photo0384.

Photo0388.

Photo0389.

Photo0393.

Photo0395.

Photo0394.

More updates very soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 10th Nov, 2009
  2. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

still waiting on seeing some pics of whatever my old wheels went on

3. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Photo0375.

Thats your wheels on the car daz, but I sold them to someone with a golf estate after finding my new wheels. I wanted more dish and tire stretch. My new wheels definitely have that.

4. Yogi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A coupe with serious dish and stretch. What more could you want from a car!

5. sean_EJ2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

a deacent engine lol nice mate glad to see another ej2 owner doing it properly

6. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Despite the bodywork needing er.. tidying up, I do miss driving this :Frown:

Although I'm glad to see she's now going to get the love she deserves :Smile:

I thought you said you were going turbo d16 though?

7. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I was going to. But i bought a H2B kit for the hatch so i now find myself with a JDM B16a engine and gearbox. I might supercharge the B16a if i can find the money for the kit forsale atm.

I have been looking into the D16 turbo route though and its very tempting how much power i can get for

8. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Any updates dude?

9. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

She is being rebuilt ATM to be sold. With ALLTIME where it is now we need a TIG welder to improve the services the business can offer and all the money is tied up in the coupe. She is looking good tho, replaced the dodgy panels with mint OEM panels and I have tucked the headlight looms. I'm also going to repair the arches an smooth the spoiler off (that someone fitted to and OEM smooth bootlid about 15mm off centre)

10. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Aw man, I was looking forward to seeing this being turned into something sweet!

As it happens, one of my mates is looking for a coupe project, so he might be interested when the time comes to sell up.

11. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Its going to be fully sorted when i sell it. Its a bit of a quirky shell as well as it doesn't have a sunroof, or electric windows, or power mirriors or a spoiler, its probally the lightest EJ2 you will find

12. rob192 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thought my mileage was high at 160000!

13. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Its a sweet car though. It drives really strong and it has been looked after well.

14. vtecpower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

my ej2 has 200000 lol and still pulls hard for its condition lol, what do u wire tuck i wanna do it to mine can someone tell me through private message if u wud pretty please

15. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

You wire tuck the headlight looms and the engine bay loom. You can get a similar effect by simpily tucking the engine loom connector further down the strut tower but you can still see them.

To do it properly you have to extend and new wrap the engine harness behind the engine so the connectors go through the fire wall near the rear gearbox mount. The headlights looms you have to reroute through the door loom boot and along under the wings to the headlights. I have tucked the headlight looms on this car. I will get some more pictures today and upload them to show you what i mean in more detail.

I you need more information, or a quote to do this as this is one of the services that ALLTIME-Industries as a business offers.