Suspension, Steering and Brakes Alignment Specifications & Adjustment on Rear Suspension??

Discussion in '10th Generation (2016)' started by tomwillie, Friday 30th Jun, 2017.

1. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    @Ichiban , @Beefy is it possible to post suspension alignment settings for new Civic range?
    On rear suspension is only the toe adjustable ?
    Are adjusters on rear suspension cam type as on Accord?
    If cam adjusters are these now internally greased during production to prevent rusting up?

2. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    @Ichiban I have had the rear cam adjusters on my manual Civic 1.5 Turbo internally greased. After dismantling the cam adjusters for the greasing a 4 wheel alignment had to be done. The factory alignment measurements taken before the rear cam adjusters were greased could have been better. These showed that left front Caster at +4deg - 34sec is out of specified min value of 4deg - 48min by 14min & also that right front camber at +15min is out of specified max value of +12min by 3min. The left front camber was in spec but has negative camber of -13min.

The rear alignment was corrected for camber & toe as was the front toe but Caster & front cambers were not adjusted & Dealer was going to approach Honda as these were outside factory specifications. The front camber is adjustable by +/- 19min so hopefully if both front wheels are set with zero camber the left front Caster will come within specification & difference in Caster between front wheels will be more equal.

Knowing how fastidious I am about my cars the dealer has provided me with the detailed specifications for carrying out alignment work on the new Honda Civics, including Type-R.

If I scan these will it be possible to post them or are there still problems with viewing attachments?

3. Nels Evangelist H-Tune Community

United Kingdom JD Home
    Newly uploaded images should be okay.

andy83 likes this.
  4. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Re alignment done today under Honda warranty as mileage at time front alignment found to be slightly outside manufactures specified limits was 1500. Some manufacturers will not cover alignment problems after only a few hundred miles. Service manager had advised that if Honda would not cover the re alignment they would hence our loyalty to Honda @ Norton Way Letchworth.

Car now drives straight as an arrow with no need for constant slight adjustments & feels as planted as Civic Type-R GT FK2 previously owned.

5. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Details provided by main dealer who carried out both front & rear wheel alignment. @Ichiban may decide to relocate this information.
    Also includes details for Type-R FK8.
    Suggest Chassis Code FK8 is added to 10th Generation Civic Section

Attached Files: